1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions for Florida in January

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Nov 7, 2021.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How do y'all Floridians feel about Bradenton? It looked interesting from the times I delivered/picked up there.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bring lots of chew with ya.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1000

"not wanting touristy crap" and "flying into Orlando" do not go together...

4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Gulf coast has more options but the drive on I-4 to get there will ruin the vacation mood :D.

Merritt Island or the Melbourne area would be a good spot to check out. Should be some nice rentals on airbnb in that area.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Wrastle a meth gator.

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

They're fairly safe once their teeth all fall out.

7. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

We enjoy Marco Island. Its an older crowd there. Its quiet. No riff raff. Beaches are private and relaxing.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  8. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

40?! It was in the 50s in WI this am lol

9. acorn27

Yeah, not staying in Orlando at all, just had use use MCO because of Frontier’s crappy selection of flights. Will be getting out of there right after landing

10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Depends on where you live in “Bradenton” once you go east of 75 off of 64 or 70 it turns into LakeWood Ranch. Everything is new out here. It’s the fastest selling preplanned community in the United States.
    Horrible time if you want to buy here. My house has appreciated by 30% in 2 years.
    When I bought in 2019 I was able to negotiate the sellers down. Now if you want to buy in my community you better come with cash around $500,000 to be sure you will get something.

Other parts of Bradenton west of 75 are hit or miss.

As for people visiting . I would stay on Siesta Key.
    Our Family has owned a couple houses on the island for over a decade. I have Nvr heard someone not like everything about siesta key.

Weird observation you will make:
    In the winter months you will see quit a few Amish people on siesta key. People often wonder why. There is a village called Pinecraft really close to siesta key. It’s an Amish community.
    If anything Amish is your liking go there it’s like Lancaster PA in Florida.
    I avoid it. The Amish are weird to me plain and simple. On the beach in full amish clothing. Yea weird as fuck.

Other than that it’s about as low key and nice as you can get.

No one moves off of the island (siesta key) for a reason. It’s nice.

dtalbott likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It got to 39 degrees here last night in Homosassa Fl. But it will be 75 by early afternoon... that’s the difference.

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Siesta Key is hard to beat for a one stop spot. Agree with the other posts. Great beach, great sunset, great food. We're in the middle of the state, Mt Dora, we go east coast a lot because of the MTB trail there in Flagler. Sleepy town, not much happening but awesome riding, couple of excellent spots to eat and just locals on the water, no tourists at all. Only downside to that is stuff is just far enough apart that you're driving instead of walking. But, been to all the busy places, I like sleepy places.

14. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

How's your dad doing? Sounds like that was a nasty MTB crash. Hope he's healing up well.

15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

He's good, was riding on a wooden berm when it was wet and fell. Caught a cut off limb to the cheekbone, right through the full face helmet opening. Crazy.

Can't ride that shit when it's wet, he knows better lol. Old and stubborn most likely :D

TurboBlew, t11ravis and KCFirebolt like this.
  16. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Clearwater down to Siesta Key is the closest, warmest best bet for your trip and beach time .
    I live in St Petersburg

17. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I’ll co-sign this. Stayed all over Florida, born and raised here. That’s going to be your best bet for the drive you’re looking to do.

omatter34 likes this.
  18. acorn27

So Siesta Key is getting a lot of love here. Sounds like what we are looking for, will have to check out places to stay there.

omatter34 likes this.
  19. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

And they all ride the three-wheeled bicycles. Like balance is the Devil's trick or something.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't you haul more on a trike?

Sabre699 likes this.