1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight coupon for Predator 3500

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Oct 19, 2021.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

now you have me thinking about the 9500. that would be great for a power outage at home.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

HF tools and accessories are fine for the everyman. Bought a set of tin-snips a couple months ago for a project and they work just as good as any pair of snips I've ever used.

If you wrench for a living and make your paycheck off your tools and their ability to never let you down or hinder your work, you should look elsewhere.

lopitt85 likes this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:stupid: What he said. My garage and travel boxes are full of Harbor Freigjt and Duralast tools. I wrench on all of my own bike and vehicles. Even rebuilt a 1971 Plymouth satellite with the same tools. Wrenches, socket sets, ratchets, breaker bars, impact wrenches, air compressor, multimeter, digital calipers, soldering iron...done has ever let me down. And of I lose something it's not a big deal!

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i only buy some tools that will get very light and occasional use. like impact sockets and cheap hand tools. i've had impact driver bits break on it's first use. one thing i recommend everyone to buy is their tap & die set. for the price, it's worth it!

lopitt85 likes this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Their impact socket set, metric and standard, have served me well.

7. andykurz

andykurz New Member

I have it. It's what I would call "serviceable junk". I use it as a backup in my truck and its OK. The case is horrible, the sockets and wrenches are fine, the pliers and anything that moves is junk. The Craftsman / Kobalt tool sets go on sale for $99 and can be complemented with a few HF tools for a better overall outcome.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've had some cheap sockets and wrenches through the years that have let me down, so I hadn't ever tried HF hand tools. It's cool to hear many of you having good luck though.

I did buy a HF benchtop drill press to safety wire my first racebike back in 2007. I paid $40 for it and it's still going strong. It was a great purchase for my simple needs.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I bought a biscuit cutter to experiment with some wood joinery. Don't ask me how something with a fixed dimension for cutting the slots can screw up but it does. Also the clamps they sell are junk. The only thing I buy there now are tarps, even those only last a year.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I need one for - and if the genset in the RV goes out which has happened rarely but has happened.

11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

A coupon for Predator stuff came out today.

178526_45049197.png

Badger911GT3 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  12. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Oh that's pretty decent there. Wonder if this is as good as it gets this year. Guess I should join inside track also.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I was apprehensive about it , but I purchased a wet saw from them that turned out to be incredible. From my experience do not buy any type of saw blades from them .. all I tried were junk . I did buy a very high quality aftermarket wet saw blade to use in that saw for laying down a 800 ft porcelain floor on a remodel job on Condo before sale and it did that job flawlessly

pefrey likes this.
  14. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows, its still the 1990s at Harbor Freight. I didn't want to be signing up for a membership in line at the local HF. I purchased the inside track membership online thinking it would be instant since its 2021. Nope, HF mails you a physical card with your membership number... hopefully they will email me the membership number before the coupon expires.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just a heads up, they are on sale until Tuesday $799 minus $80 if you use their CC

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Was just about 800hrs on 3500w unit at deer camp and she shit the bed last week

Quit making spark and wouldn't run.

Found ignition module on Amazon for $70 and she ran all this weekend again....3 days straight.

Will have 1000hrs by NYE

17. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Mine is around 600 hours and aside from cleaning out the spark arrestor and oil changes, haven't done anything to it. Appreciate the follow up so when mine starts giving me actual problems I'll have an idea what to look for if it has similar issues.

tony 340 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Making my way down to the States tmrw and might do a detour to stop by a HF and pick it up finaly.

19. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Is there a new coupon to stack? The old 45049197 above expired.

20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Where do
    Where do you live? I'm selling mine.