1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on bedliner on your entire vehicle

Discussion in 'General' started by shakazulu12, Oct 31, 2021.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

As the title states. I picked up a motovan. Paint is actually halfway decent, I just don't care for the color. since it will be used for camping and other stuff, was wondering what the real world is on doing the entire exterior in bedliner. I get that it's the latest fad for the overland/mall-cruiser crowd. But are there any downsides, and what's a realistic cost to have it done?

The Beeb always has an expert on everything, and most of the internet is mostly bro's complimenting each others trucks.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s super ugly.

rice r0cket, shakazulu12 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Hope no one ever plans to paint it.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Worst idea ever.
    Look around in Jeep world, many regret having done it.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

It can be awful, on some vehicles. It can also be cool, on the right vehicle. I’ve seen some Jeep’s and pickups (built for trails) that it looked great on.
    If you, @shakazulu12 , decide to do it, I’d look into getting it done vs a DIY (Raptor liner).

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its heavy. It cant be undone. If its "aromatic" the color will fade/change with UV exposure and maybe chalk. If "aliphatic" and UV resistant then it will be $$$$$.

For something like a van I would use a DIY roll on system as spraying that much square footage would need Broome level $$$. The roll on is less thickness which means more coverage per gallon. Also if it gets messed up its easier to roll on a patch.

On the aesthetics....its a van so it could look good with a wizard and chick with big tits, norseman & chick with big tits or even an aztec warrior and chick with big tits. Or you could go zombie van. All acceptable looks. But you get bonus points for going A team van on it, in bedliner.

Gino230, Phl218, AC1108 and 1 other person like this.
  7. shakazulu12

Can't say I don't disagree with this:crackup: But it's a pedovan, so don't really care.

90 percent chance I do this if I end up going this direction, even though it's a Ford. I just think it would make me laugh every time I looked at it.:crackup:

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Dark gray, tinted windows and lots of antennas

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just don’t paint Front Towards Enemy, reversesed like Ambulance on an ambulance, on the nose. Cops DO NOT like that and don’t find it as funny as you do.

10. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Nope, gotta be a Krylon "Animal House Deathmobile" tribute!

sharkattack and sheepofblue like this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If you also make it squat you will have a hard time keeping the women away.

12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I think it can be, but it’s really not as heavy as what you might think. LineX says it adds about 30-40 lbs. They don’t spray the exterior nearly as think as the bed in pickups.

13. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I think I’d want a van to be white to help the air conditioner deal with the space.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

On a pedo van you can just stick a window unit in place of one of the rear windows.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Throw in a couple lbs of glitter

Jedb and sheepofblue like this.
  16. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

About two years ago , I painted my 04 Nissan Frontier with a Raptor Bedliner kit .I live in Florida and my truck is parked outside with no shade , I don’t see any issues at all with UV fading the paint . My Nissan came black from the factory and I painted it with the Black bedliner kit ($107 4 qt kit back in Dec2019) the paint gun is sold separately $10.00 . you can paint it in any color with the Raptor tint kit . In my area bedliner paint on trucks and jeeps are quite popular. I’ve seen just about every color and they all look great Very easy to paint and most of the back breaking work was in the prep . 120 grit sand paper on the factory clear coat is just about all you need to do , unless there’s bodywork that needs to be done . Just over 3.5 hours to paint with a total of 3 coats . If you’re gonna paint anything plastic you’ll need a can of clear primer made by Raptor . All my plastics are still solid , I figured the plastic body parts would be the first to start flaking off . Painted outdoors , 70% humidity, first 48 hours after painting. It can NOT be exposed to water . To allow time for the paint to fully cure , I kept the truck in my garage for 7 days . I can post pictures tomorrow if you’re interested.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A true rape van has no windows behind the front doors.

Yzasserina and elevenn7 like this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Keep a whole bunch of cheese sandwiches in there. Or at least say you have them. You don’t really need to.

Dig a very, very deep grave.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Just make it look like this, and you'll be fine.

A guy I knew via another forum was the van's actual owner. It was for his son's 16th birthday.

[​IMG]

shakazulu12 likes this.
  20. shakazulu12

If it wasn't for the fact that I work in Portland, and the woke/riot crowd would light it on fire instantly after labeling me a child trafficker, I absolutely would do some kind of free candy theme.