1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meta???......

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Oct 28, 2021.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Facebook is international, also have you been on marketplace, everyone is buying and selling on there.

Like I said Facebook is not going anywhere.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just for reference...

Featured Content on Myspace

Still exists but when was the last time you were on it or heard anyhing about it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  4. gixxerboy55

Yeah backwards thinking, does not apply to Facebook.

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

No way he has a spear

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And no way the newfangled horse less carriages are ever going to put farriers out of business... :rolleyes:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ain’t going nowhere. Nothing has been rolled out that’s new and interesting enough to take its place and even if something was, zuckerberg would just buy it and shut it down.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In all fairness, some of us never used it even when it was a thing.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    BigBird, motoracer1100 and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Venom51

Me either. Facetube will only continue to exists in the same way Craigslist exists. It will linger but other will eat into its market share.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I am curious to see the daily active user by age data.

13. Venom51

It's people like my wife. My guess is the median age on it is now in the mid 40's probably closer to 50.

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Historically, hugely successful companies seem to be unseated by new players who leverage an entirely new technological paradigm. Not new entrants trying to build a slightly better mousetrap.

The various stages retail has gone through are a good example. Facebook has moved to the classic rent seeking phase of its life. They won’t innovate, and will just serve as a parasitic entity sucking out the lifeblood of society until the day we take some national horse dewormer.

You can easily see this by its attempts at regulatory capture and its effective integration with the state.

Venom is right, it’ll continue to linger but continually lose market share even if revenue continues to grow. I don’t believe the death knell will be sounded by other social media companies per se. Besides the primary purpose of disassociating from the toxic Facebook brand, Facebook’s push into AR/VR is probably a recognition of that fact and an attempt to grow in a completely different market.

It’ll be something entirely new that’ll finally kill Facebook, most likely social media platforms developed on top of blockchain that free the platform from central authority and make censorship next to impossible. This technology already exists and is in use, the adoption rate is just low so far.

TurboBlew, Montoya and Phl218 like this.
  15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

They should've renamed it 'MyGrandKidsPictures' to appeal to their core demographic.

BigBird and jrsamples like this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Point taken, but I want to be pedantic for a minute. I don’t know that he ever said that. Even if he did, in context of the needs of the day he might’ve even been right. The Apollo Guidance Computer also got us to the moon with 2KB of RAM and 32KB of ROM. 640K can support some very advanced applications if you aren’t writing software like today’s bloatware.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You people are funny. No matter how you feel about Facebook, to say that they don’t innovate is just ridiculous. Just because your user experience hasn’t changed much (in your eyes) doesn’t mean the company isn’t at the forefront of technological innovation and AI research. The metaverse is the future. The first company to roll out a full blown immersive universe is going to rule the world. Facebook is trying to make sure they are the ones that do it.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yep

and it should be killed with fire

MachineR1, Montoya, R Acree and 6 others like this.
  19. gixxerboy55

They got more money than they know what to do with, this is just some marketing gimmick, what happened to them immersive goggles we were all supposed to wear.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

keep telling yourself that