Global Supply Chain / Parts Shortages

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Change is inevitable. Will all of those jobs or the same ones come back? No, but many of them will and so will new ones. They went away because of horrible policies promulgated by evil people and stupid decisions made by greedy ones. Like ^^ said, build it and they will come. Plenty of people would love to have a good paying manufacturing career.

You can’t expect the trees you plant to grow if you have poor soil. Fixing the anti-American policies and creating new ones that favor Americans for the benefit of Americans is the most crucial step. Once we do that our nation and communities will flourish once more.

The opioid epidemic is I believe fueled in large (or most) part by economic and social despair. Reverse the conditions that created said despair and we’ll end the epidemic.

Rebel635, Motofun352 and FastByKids like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

That’s heavy, man.....

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Where will the manpower come from?

A big potential workforce is in jail. Theyve been sitting in there since their factory jobs went away.

Dont yall listen to rage against the vaccine?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Mission statement for the sybian manufacturer?

5. Dave Wolfe

Kids dont google that word lol

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Why? Is it some kinda buzzword or something?

7. Dave Wolfe

U go right ahead. Make sure its an image search too

8. baconologist

Happy wife, happy life.... shrug

9. Dave Wolfe

"Designed for up to 500 lbs"

10. baconologist

One can never have too much horsepower

11. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

watched an episode of California Insider last night about the ports and was wondering, if consumers stopped ordering online for a few weeks, would it help unclog the supply chain?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Seriously doubt it.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

For what it's worth, I know a guy who know's a guy that good friends with the manager the Long Beach Port. He says they need an additional 500 trucks a day going in there to begin to catch up. I don't see that happening.
    Take it with a grain of salt.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yeah .. but would you be able to sleep at night knowing you have four WHITE WHEELS in the garage until they are Sold ???

15. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm out here for a few weeks in Long Beach and have been meaning to drive to Seal Beach or over the bridge to San Pedro to see all of the ships.

I might try to make it by there sometime in the next few days.

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ken, the factors you mention are short term and will dissolve once the "crisis" is defeated. I will also add that there are many more factors involved, none of which can be discussed here. If you wish, I will have someone circle back to you with more.

As an educator, I feel certain you have never really looked into the challenges of creating a business. Yes, our perspectives are different, and I feel mine is closer to the reality of this situation.

My advice is to watch one of the many reports on how iPhones are made. Where employee suicides are down only because Foxconn added nets to the worker dorms to lower the success rate.

17. Dave Wolfe

If Busy Bee sub shop is still there in San Pedro, have an italian sausage sandwich for me. Thx!!

And to not sound like a tourist, its San Pee droh, not Pedro like Pedro Gonzalez. Even half the newscasters in the area screw that up.

18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

We already have a large number of plants here that are not just cost competitive, but readily beating key performance indicators, productivity metrics, and the financials of overseas plants. Some of it is fascinating data to go over, especially when you’re seeing the contrasts with the same companies operations and similar product lines.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Actually, if you want a real Italian/Mediterranean sandwich, go to A1 on 8th Street. Legit.

20. Dave Wolfe

Dafuq u know? Shits on now!

Im gonna hire Cortez to poop on your lawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.