1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well…y’all know about everything else…Balisong trainers?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Oct 24, 2021.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My son wants a better trainer and the site he is trying has sold out in minutes every time they dropped a new set. He wants one with bushings? What sayeth the beeb?

Could be worse I guess, at least I don’t have to worry about surprise grandkids anytime soon.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

This? Readily available at Amazon.

BTW, WTF is it?

[​IMG]

3. GixxerJohn011

:crackup:I told my 15 year old son it’s great birth control. He’s got one probably like what you can get on Amazon. For whatever reason he loves it and I’m trying to find him a “good” one.

4. YamahaRick

Like I asked earlier, WTF is it?

5. GixxerJohn011

A butterfly knife. You can do tricks with it. Think doing yo-yo tricks, your group of friends will think you’re cool but women will not.

Dragginass and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Butterfly knife that won't cut you as you learn to flip it around. Seems like every balisong review I've seen on yt was done by some dude with multiple bandaged fingers. Cool knives though.

7. YamahaRick

No friend of mine would. Then again, I'm not 15 anymore, though I still act like one from time to time.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's a knife that you can open with one hand...... with some showy-ass maneuvers if you feel the need....... but really it's only useful as a blade that you can readily access in CQB with only one useable hand.

Just make sure that you're holding the correct handle if you're using one to impress the other virgins in your mom's basement.

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

One hand opening and assisted opening can have legal issues depending on where you're at. Cold Steel do a few, incl a single blade (vs. double edged dagger blade) called "Paradox", you could dull the edge off. CS stuff is very main stream, med quality.
    I meant to say they also do plastic ones you could use as a trainer, but they weight would almost certainly be off.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Send him to the Grindworx website...he'll forget about a Bali real fast:D

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  11. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

He’ll practice so much and get so good, he’ll be able to be hired as an extra in a movie. Just think of it, his 15secs of fame will be flipping it around and getting kicked in the face by Jason Statham

GixxerJohn011 and dtalbott like this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

Cool site. Not gonna lie though, with the name and the promise of making a 15 year old boy forget about a Balisong I got off of the work laptop and used my phone to check that place out first.

rd400racer and dtalbott like this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

There's a cool scene from the movie "Streets of Fire" about that knife.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

.357 S&W...nobody brings a knife to a gun fight.

auminer and dtalbott like this.
  15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

There's a whole bunch of knives you can open with 1 hand open assist for sale now and they're actually useful and in many states Legal.

Buy him one of those...perhaps a Kershaw.

Then get him a set of throwing knives and a target for his next gift. Those are a blast and good old fashioned fun. Mix in some booze and good health insurance for more fun.

dtalbott likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Damn you for showing us that website.

Damn you :Poke:

rd400racer and dtalbott like this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I knew that there were restrictions on switchblades but had no idea how many laws there were on knife ownership in the US. Damn...

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When they outlaw knives, everyone eats applesauce.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Why the hell would you need a ""trainer""??!! :confused:

If you hold the correct handle, you would be hard pressed to INTENTIONALLY cut your hand.

More bubble-wrapping the world.

crashman likes this.