1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight coupon for Predator 3500

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Oct 19, 2021.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So now that the Canada/USA land borders will open on the 8th of November, I'm planning to ride downsouth (December) and I've been wanting that 3500 Predator but I don't see any coupons on the interwebs !

Anyone have a link ?

Thnx

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

probably because HF wont discount the generators anymore(read the fine print in the coupons). Those gennies are also made under alternative brands like Powerhorse (Northern Tool)
    Might have better luck finding a discount that way.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Regular HF coupons and freebies went away a while ago. Their new business model is to get you to join their buying club for "exclusive" deals. I haven't bothered to look at details, but for a large purchase it may be worthwhile.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

FYI : Current "member" discount for the Predator 3500 is $40. Membership costs $30.

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I bought that generator earlier this year, no coupons.

The only thing you can hope for now it seems is a 10% off no exceptions coupon, that happens 2-3x/year. I got tired of waiting and paid the extra $80 instead of waiting all season.

I ended up spending an extra $100 to do the pneumatic wheel mod too.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ordered my 5/26/20 $699.99 with $100 coupon.
    It was finally delivered 7/13/20
    They asked if I wanted to cancel, I told them I'd wait :)
    Great generator. Only problem I've had with it is the charging system.
    Put a new battery in this spring. Run it for close to and hour , then it sat for a month.
    Next try it would not crank. Pull started it and again ran it for an hour.
    No crank and found battery had bad cell.

7. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Sending you a PM, unrelated to this thread.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can get 10% for getting their card - then just pay it off. If you can wait and pay attention to the coupons/discounts some do cover the gensets. I managed to stack one and the credit card discount last year.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Curious on seeing that .
    I know there are some DIY mods from YT for the Predator.

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

There are so many options for China made inverter generators now, many with better features than the Predator, like bluetooth/wireless start/stop.

While there may be tons of different "manufacturers" like Cummins, Harbour Freight, Champion, Generac, Powerhorse, Westinghouse..........they are likely the same 2-3 designs shared across them all ranging from small 2K units up to 3-4K and above.

Predator now even has a competitor for the Honda 7K, but not fuel-injected like the newest big-daddy Honda:

https://www.harborfreight.com/9500-...enerator-with-co-secure-technology-57080.html

11. Tristan

12. NemesisR6

Being able to see things like fuel levels, run time, load, faults, etc. while being able to start/stop the generator from the comfort of inside the trailer is something that I'd absolutely be interested in......can't do that with my Predator 3500.

13. rice r0cket

Also would've helped when the generator ran out of gas and I didn't notice.

Link to the BT monitoring one?

14. rice r0cket

They sell the wheels there, you just have to grab some shaft adapters on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08694RTXK/

Comparison of the two.

upload_2021-10-20_1-30-39.png

KneeDragger_c69 and nlzmo400r like this.
  15. TurboBlew

get an extended run tank setup...

16. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Might want to check out the Powerhouse 4500 from Northern Tool. Basically the same genny as Predator but with a few more watts.

17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Going off topic a little...
    Is it true that if you run an inverter "quiet" generator near full load, it's as loud as a regular generator? I find that amusing...if true

In addition to a small honda inverter, I purchased a battery "generator" 1800w 1350wH Ecoflow to run my kid's bball teams pitching machine when we take it inside a gym instead of running 100ft of extension cord.
    These energy storage battery/inverter packages are getting more and more developed and include bluetooth and wifi stuff. And they are truly quiet. Not silent though...

18. Tristan

No. My Yamaha EF2000 running 2 sets of warmers (full or OVERloaded) is still way quieter than some POS tube frame construction generator. The inverter part isn't the difference AFAIK, but the inverter models always have a better insulated chassis.

19. TurboBlew

on the predator 3500 it is louder under 1/2 or more load.
    You can hear it inside an insulated trailer... after awhile its just background noise.
    The fuel capacity wont last all night running a rooftop a/c & fridge... hence my suggestion to invest in an extended run setup of at least 5 gallons.

20. NemesisR6

This. It's not even close.

My Predator 3500 (or any inverter generator) under full load is still way quieter than anything you'd find disrupting the paddock and creating multi-page complaint threads in this forum......

MELK-MAN and KneeDragger_c69 like this.