1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 28, 2020.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

20211015_092444.jpg

motion likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it’s easier to listen to music now. You just hit an icon on your phone and there it is.
    Way back when dinosaurs ruled music you had to deal with the radio and what they wanted you to hear. Yeah, records then cassettes then CDs then your ipoder.

Streaming, to me, is complete shit and robs the artist but the artist always got f@cked.

Anyways, Billie whatshername ain’t my cup of bourbon but it was never intended for old f@ckers like me. I can accept that.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm older than you will ever be and she is still my cup of wine go to.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because people never make selections based on likes? (assuming there are likes on Spotify...never had it, unless you count paying for my daughter's account.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thicc and Stacked.
    What's not to like?

Plus she's very talented when she sings instead of whipsering.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would say it depends on the person. I don't listen nearly as much as I used to, but I can say that most days I used to have something playing almost 24/7.

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Huh?

The grammys ceased to exist when jethro tull beat metallica in the metal category

stk0308 and ToofPic like this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If TV ratings are an indication, quality & popularity don't really correlate....

Pretty sure that is also true for music.

R Acree likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't use a streaming service either, but so what if people check out a song based on "likes"? If they don't like it, I would imagine that they will not play again. So it's an insignificant portion of the numbers. What builds up the stats is probably the stuff that people listen to 10 times a day.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I don't think I care enough to research it further. Damn youngsters.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think I am familiar with about 10 songs from the top 10 artists. And that's because I am familiar with probably five songs from/with Eminem.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are think as a brick.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've heard of some of them, not sure I've heard any.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean the stuff that gets repeated 200 times a day?

Your “choice” is immaterial. They’ll send you what they want you to “listen to” and keep sending it despite how often you “thumbs down” it or whatever.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've heard all the names. I just don't know what most of them do.

R Acree likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That never happened. We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.

:D

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That is an absolute shocker!

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If it was only that....