1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final production of SharkSkinz for F2, F3, F4 and F4i

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by chobes, Oct 18, 2021.

1. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I've been in discussion recently with Fred at ionemoto and he informed me that they will soon be tossing the molds for F2/F3/F4/F4i, so those product lines won't be available.

If anyone is interested in getting a last set/s of SharkSkinz for their bike, now is the time to act. Fred said they can put a "WERA Limited Edition" tag on the inside of any orders that come in to separate these final product runs from the rest.

Give Fred a call at 772-388-9621, or email at [email protected], let him know you were referred from the WERA forums.

G2G likes this.
  2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Did he give you a price?
    Watched him on Zome with Dustin Coyner last week. Interesting individual for sure.

Steven

evakat and ToofPic like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I looked there last week for the prices.A little steep for my broke ass. If anyone has a line on a great price I would be interested.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It would be a shame to just throw the molds away. Wonder if they’d sell them to an interested party?

ToofPic likes this.
  5. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Prices on the website are what they'll go for.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I need a winning lottery ticket to get mine...

ToofPic likes this.
  7. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I'll ask, not sure what the plan is...

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

From my experience with multi Tech bodywork. I rented them space when orginal owner had it.
    Molds break or get damaged from laying around and not stored properly.
    The man who actually made molds for them is a buddy who is making me a mold for a tailsection for my 86 VFR.
    Sharkeskin is the best product bar none.
    I know my buddy knew what additives to make bodywork flexible like sharks skins. But making bodywork is time consuming for little profit.
    So this may be the perfect opportunity to get a set new.

Steven

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I've found this group that says they still make F3 fairings. Only found a handful of people on the Ducati forums saying they are ok quality. Prices on site include VAT.
    https://www.ricambiweiss.com/en/ver...iss-racing-fairing-honda-cbr-600-f2-pc25.html

I might have to order a set for both F2 and F4i. Halfway through a project that's using F4i, and would be good to have a spare for the F2. Just not thrilled of having to make room for storing fairings.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

It's a no-go on selling the molds, and as previously stated, there's a lot of work going into making fairings, especially off of those old molds. I'm working on ways to fund a set of F2 and F3 fairings, prefer to support a relatively local business. (East coast of Florida)