1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride 4 Video Game

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 6, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just saw a video and wow the graphics are incredible on the PS5

It's in the YouTube thread.

Anyone have the game? Thoughts?

R1M370 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I havent gotten it yet, but will if we can get some wera guys in.

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

How's the PS5? I've been hearing about shortages on the unit and people waiting in lines to buy them?

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Xbox and PS5 are both extremely limited, and probably will be constrained for a while.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I have it on Xbox. Once you get use to the delay in steering controls it's definitely the closest thing I've played to the real thing. I play it first person view and one level from realistic as the higher level just gets frustrating. It's worth a shot if you are willing to put some time into it. I play it occasionally so it's taken me close to 6 months to get to the point where I'm not crashing all the time. I'm also not a gamer per se so there's that.

6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I have it on PS5 and PC. I have a mid tier gaming PC from two years ago and the PS5 is probably slightly better graphically, but not worlds of difference. The dual sense controller is amazing though. Big improvement there.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Watching that YouTube video in 4k/144hz ...that was pretty incredible and definitely increased the graphic realism

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

what's the career mode like? Do you actually race in series or is it something different

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Looks really cool. But from what I can tell, it has the same issue that I've noticed on every other moto game. When you turn one direction, the bike initially moves in the opposite direction. So if for example, if you're on the outside white line approaching a left hand corner, when you turn in left, instead of the rider leaning off to the left, the rider seems to stay centered and the bike moves out from under him to the right, pushing your tires actually off track. It's harder to tell in first person view but I've noticed it in chase cam before in other games and it does kind of look the same in that youtube vid. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Not really they have multiple events with a certain bike and then to win money and move on to the next series you have to place top three.

It burns up a lot of time so I don't ever do it. I don't know if there's an actual series at the end where it's like 10 rounds series, etc.

Part of the reason why it burns up a lot of time is because being able to ride one bike well doesn't mean you can hop on something else and immediately be fast. It takes time just to get used to that bike and then reference points for a new track, etc.

BTW, I don't ever play online so I don't know how that world looks like at all.

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Yes.

12. Hell I never even finished Ride-3 on the PS4.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I wonder why this issue seems to plague every game. Seems like it wouldn't be a difficult fix.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

You raved about it, so that's pretty much the reason I got RIDE4.

I think it happens in real life to a certain extent but it's way exaggerated in most games. I don't get it either.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's cool because it has Mosport as a playable track :D