1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 15 | COTA | USA | Oct 1-3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 20, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Starting this one a little early as the Beeb will be there and maybe use this thread to check up on where folks are
    :flag:

[​IMG]

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i got MM

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I hope Cam B and Joe Roberts shine here..

4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If the Duc’s don’t destroy their tires here, MM may be the only one to keep them in sight.

The Beer Hunter and Phl218 like this.
  5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

On another note, how bad is the track surface nowadays?

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

plus Mir!

Circacee likes this.
  7. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Looks like the weather is getting a little cooler. Last week projected it to be 92-93 degrees every day that weekend.

Right now it's dropped to an average of 88-89 degrees.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

brrrr...hope they get it before the annual TX snow

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be there, likely by myself as other plans got changed with friends in the area. Haven't bought tickets yet but will likely today or tomorrow. Let me know if anyone wants some company from the great white north and/or if you have any suggestions on a good place for a ticket.

10. spcassell

I was a little shocked to see Austin will be warmer than it will be in Orlando. I was hoping a trip to a northern latitude would bring some much wanted cooler weather.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I’ll be there and will check in all three days from around the track. Looking forward to it, only wish MA was there too.

wsmc42 and JBall like this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Unless it was destroyed recently, they dug up large parts of it in early 2020 and supposedly fixed the drainage so there'd be less erosion, but who knows how much effort they actually put into it.

13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

So, I'm in a hospitality suite at COTA next week. Today I get an email: I must have a negative Covid test from COTA's testing agency within 72 hours of entering COTA.

A couple o' tho'ts:

1. I'm glad I'll be surrounded by non-Covid people.
    2. The testing timing and agency requirements are HORSESHIT. I can provide proof of vacination. 'Nuff said.
    3. I'm traveling more than 1000 miles for this. I've waited 2-1/2 years for my purchase to be valid. Now, 9 days in advance they require me to pay their agent, alter my travel and limit my attendance? BULLSHIT. HORSESHIT. EVERY OTHER KIND OF SHIT ONE CAN STATE.

Eough. I'l do it. I have a SIGNIFICANT investment for me and the wife. But, it is, umm, less than optimal. And, I find this forum the most approriate venue to voice my "feelings."

Cheers,

Dave

TurboBlew, cav115 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. spcassell

I'm in a Hospitality Suite and have not seen an email regarding anything. So where is the COTA testing agency located and how much does it cost?

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That is crazy, but then again, as we all have seen, this bug is a moving target.

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

There's one in Lot A and it costs $18 per test. If you get a positive you will be given the chance to take a PCR test to confirm, which you'll probably also have to pay for.

I was just on the COTA website trying to figure out some other stuff because my parking passes were mailed to my address from two and a half years ago.

I don't know if general admission will be a thing, but if not I don't know what I'll do with my kids since they got in free with my wife and me in 2019. We've been upgraded to grandstand seats since we never requested a refund last year, but only 2 seats.

StanTheMan likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

at least call them and tell them you only do rectal tests for accuracy (as they do in - link: china to foreigners) and the person requesting it has to be the one conducting it. say something about a nose condition

would be cool if we could meet up again, but i'm not going to make it this year. have fun and say hi to the lady

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

From what I understand from people who have rode there recently the big heavy pig Nascrap cars tore up a few corners and rippled some pavement on corner exits but for the most part it is pretty good. But that is at track day pace. MotoGP pace might be a different story.

BigBird likes this.
  19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Thanks Phil. I'm getting crotchety in my old age, and a lack of planning on others' behalves does not constitute an emergency or even inconvenience on my behalf. But, F' it - that's the world we live in. It's a public health issue and I'm fine with doing my part for the public health. I just wish others would do their part . . . .

Cheers,

dave

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm doing my part, not going to any event with ridiculous requirements like that :D