1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That New New Tundra 2022-3rd Gen

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Toyota still hasn't figured out how to make a "truck" truck. But they sure do a darn good job of making light duty trucks. Styling on the new one looks like the current gen Chevy to me. Its like there is a contest to see who can build a truck with the most complex body lines.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think it said Classic on the side. Its like a Ford XLT trim level. The Hemi had some kind of sporty exhaust that roared the entire trip. I had to wear ear plugs. Plus, the 8 speed downshifts every time you tick the cruise up 1 MPH so more roaring. Ride was hella rough and it got 14mpg over 2200 miles cruising at 75 with a motorcycle in the bed. FAIL!

3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Classic is a 4th gen. Try a NBS 5th. Big difference.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It was an Alamo rental with 8K miles on it, so I assumed it was a '21. My mistake if not.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

ram.jpg

Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I just put a Muldoon’s reinforced trans in my 07. Imma drive it till the end of times...

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You have a Desmedici gp bike but a Toyota truck?

Broome, shouldnt he have a giant toterhome with a stacker trailer complimented by mechanics, chefs and hookers with blow?

Phl218 and motion like this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The priorities check out to me

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Oh, it probably was a 21. Ram decided to continue to make the 4th gens as well as the 5th alongside each other for some reason. Lord knows why, but having owned both, the newer bodystyle is a big upgrade.

Gixxerguy855, motion and BigBird like this.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I hear those Desmosedici's are really heavy and slow, so that was probably your problem. Try putting a bagger of some sort back there and you'll be fine... :D

KneeDragger_c69 and motion like this.
  11. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

The exterior really looks similar to the current model Silverado 2500/3500.:Puke:

KneeDragger_c69 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

They've never tried to make a "truck" truck, they've always made light duty 1/2ton trucks. That being said, the current tundra is like a heavy 1/2ton as far as the powertrain/running gear goes.

13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I'll say it....I like it.....I like it a LOT.......All y'all dogging it can kiss my ass.

BHP41 likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reminds me of when I bought a new 2004 F250 supercrew diesel and a new Road King. I put the Road King in the back of the truck in Montana and drove to California. It caved in the bed a good 2".

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Wow. I’ve had F150 for two decades and just got a 21 Ram and it’s the best truck I’ve ever owned. Love the hemi and the smooth transmission and the incredible interior of the Laramie. To each their own I guess.

Phl218, Triple X and MyWayGuy like this.
  16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I did a lot of the work on the stamping presses in TX for this new model, so don't hate too bad.

17. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Its like Ford and GM had a love child

Phl218, KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  18. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Definitely a 4th gen, steer clear if you can. I’ve owned a 5th gen for 3 yrs and 30k. It has a few quirks (very minor issues), but nothing different then any domestic. Honestly, its the first vehicle Ive had in a long time that I’m not bored to death with after 3 year.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Just not a fan of turbos in trucks. I’ll take a V8 for simplicity and known reliability any day. I tend to own my vehicles well past 200k. I wonder how much those turbos are to replace?

20. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

All those bagging on the previous Tundra must have never owned one. Had one and it was a great truck. Towed and hauled sleds and side by sides great. Mileage did suck when unloaded compared to my new Silverado though.

racerx13 and cpettit like this.