1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 9 I Hyundai N Catalunya Round I Sep 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

incredible race!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GG.... you have to wonder if he will finish the season at this point. He looks miserable. Scared, completely void of confidence. Absolutely tragic

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

GG isn’t even going to hold on to the top independent rider spot at this rate.

Hopefully he will have a good day tomorrow.

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Rea with some Lewis Hamilton-level luck right there.

4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Someone once said “It is nice to be “good”, and nice to be “lucky”, and really nice to be “good and lucky”

5. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

GG… you have to wonder what he thinks about SDK going to Moto2 next year.

6. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I’m curious how that deal came together. There’s no way SDK is on the same level as Cameron or Joe. Both of whom are struggling in that series right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

They have special paint that isn't slippery in the dry (unlike typical paint used on roads), but with rain it's still more slick then regular asphalt.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

what watch?

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I dont think that's fair to say. He's young and still improving at a really good clip. I've been really impressed with him this year.

People said Beaubier was gonna go over and show up Roberts...that didn't happen (huge Beaubier fan here by the way, so that's not a dig at him). In that same light I dont think anyone can say SDK isn't gonna cut it.

He's young, hungry, obviously loves racing, comfortable with close racing, has a team that has the specific goal of helping American racers succeed on the world stage, and a teammate with great racecraft who can help him learn the tracks... I think he's in a great position to succeed. The announcers seemed to like the way he performed during his ride last year.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Because he’s so young and will more readily adapt to a new bike? Heck, if was up to me I’d put him straight to MotoGP.

11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Tissot pole watch.

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Toprak last I saw was in 2nd behind Redding, after reading the last few post I’m now wondering what happened? Toprak did get second right?

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Mechanical. DNF.

14. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Two wild and crazy sprint races this morning.

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Hope Sykes is ok. Didn't look like he was about to walk that off.

16. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Lots of talk over this season about how Rinaldi didnt deserve that factory seat. Looks like he's showing and proving, solidifying that #4 overall status.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Superpole race was some great racing. Sooner or later the gloves are gonna come off between Rea and Toprak.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Decent odds SDK adapts to Moto2 bike reasonably well. At least give him a chance. Cam certainly had more “potential” coming in, but he simply does not gel with that bike. Don’t know if its him or the bike, but it’s not working whatever it is.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Cam was also much more seasoned than SDK and expected to perform on a bike Joe Roberts had performed on. Cam also came from quite a few years of riding around by himself while SDK has prepped for the Moto2 thunderdome trading paint with Escalante for 2 seasons. Not a big SDK fan (or hater), but I like his chances.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Frankly, taking him to Moto 2 makes more sense than he did for Beaubier at the point where he was in his career when he left the US. Be sure not going to go when you're young, might as well go to WSBK and give yourself a better chance to win on machinery you're familiar with. I think that SDK has better odds of making it to MotoGP. And that's not a judgment on their relative skill levels.

As to how the deal came together, probably through John Hopkins. He was already shopping SDK to WSSP a year ago and came pretty close.