1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Surely, I'm not the only one who used a conversion calculator...

upload_2021-9-17_20-26-45.png

2. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Some of us nerds remember this from high school physics class. Absolute zero.

4. DmanSlam

School me on math, @YamahaRick , I found some snippets on the web to learn some more about Zero Kelvins.

"What would happen at absolute zero?"

At absolute zero, atoms would occupy the lowest energy state. At an infinite temperature, atoms would occupy all energy states. Negative temperatures then are the opposite of positive temperatures — atoms more likely occupy high-energy states than low-energy states.

There's even this picture to illustrate what (the hell) that means... :whoosh:

[​IMG]

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

motion causes heat. Hot water gets energetic enough to boil off as steam when enough heat is added to the system. Take heat out of the system and water freezes because the molecules are moving slow enough to form crystals with each other. Take all the heat out of the system and nothing moves at the atomic level. That's absolute zero. Nothing natural can hit 0K. It's been done in labs though.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You'd definitely need to wear thermies.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My wife would still complain that it's hot.

BHP41, YamahaRick and gixxernaut like this.
  8. DmanSlam

Bonus: Envision all your neighbors outside, standing track-side, cheering you on!

[​IMG]

SpeedyE, BHP41, motoracer1100 and 3 others like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still a Prince no matter what, you can abdicate King but not Prince, he just said he ain't doing that silly shit :crackup:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If he wants to stop doing that silly shit, quickest way is to stop saying silly shit.

11. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I thought grannie removed his title (and his allowance) once he said he wasn't doing that silly shit.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just looked it up: it seems that there are no longer allowed to use the royal titles, but the Queen hasn't officially stripped them.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I meant his official royal stuff. The only way to stop doing that is to do as he did and effectively quit or die. Doesn't change his title unless Grandma totally nukes him out of the family. What he says is a whole different thing :D

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

His official name is Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, so still a prince.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The ol' FYP treatment.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Still no one with a brain gives a fuck

ToofPic, motoboy and Sabre699 like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

What has been taken away is the suffix of his name “HRH”, which stands for His Royal Highness. It is kind of like DDS for dentists, MD for doctors, etc.

18. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

And Prince Edmund Blackadder was Duke of Edinburgh*, having much the same effect...

*Knowledge of 15th century English history makes this much funnier.

motoboy likes this.
  19. DmanSlam

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

@motion

Wonder what shipping from DFW to 59068 runs. :D

[​IMG]