1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 29, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Somebody came up with 'Razlan Needs Funds' as the meaning of the new RNF team name.....

The Great One, Seiko and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Razlan and company found the 2 riders that would eventually be on the factory team, and one of them setup to win a championship. Now, they have to reverse course and take whatever they are given and the leftovers. Such promise dashed

YamahaRick and badmoon692008 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

HPPT level digs there. Excellent work.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wonder how much that ride is going to cost.....

8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's cold. Give the guy a chance! :D

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The usual cost for an American to race Moto2 seems to be the end of their career at the world level. That said, SDK and my kid started on minis together. I hope this works out for him. Contrary to popular opinion, he and his dad are good people. They have invested everything into motorcycle racing. Remember that when you don't understand their behaviour.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think there is a correlation to their age when they get there. They don't leave themselves much room for second chances. I'm very interested to see where things go for someone who gets there at the right age. I'm optimistic.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

1 year to learn the tracks and bike, 2nd year sink or swim.

13. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I don’t remember any Americans who have raced in Moto2 at the end of their careers.

14. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Crazy if true.

Attached Files:

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If there's any truth to that, professional racing is just about done. I already cringe every time I see someone riding Moto America call themself a professional racer, even though racing is, in reality, an all consuming and very expensive hobby for them.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

To me, anyone over 25 in Moto2 are at the end of their world GP career, with very, very little hope of getting to the big show.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Happens all the time. Riders bring personal sponsors to a team, part of their value as a rider.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Professional racing has always been like this. Yeah the team has sponsors, so do the riders/drivers. If someone rich sponsors themselves so be it. They still have to show up and put in the work and qualify.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But $750K? For a Moto2 ride? That’s crazy.

20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Isn't it around a buck and change for a ride on a 600 here in the States ?