1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 16, 2021.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I imagine that’s how the 200 became lore.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

25 minutes?? 2 hours! Every October there is an ASRA Team Challenge there with quite a few teams running 1000s. They'll be alright.

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I just had to look it up, but Yamaha made over 500 TZ750s from 74 - 79. Where are they all?

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sadly, not one in my garage. Closest I have is a TZ373 ... Spondon frame TZ350 w/ TZ750 top end.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

For @Gorilla George and the other kids here ...

I couldn't find a vid with good sound, so settle for The King riding a de-tuned TZ750 motor in a dirt mile chassis.

Chino52405 and Gorilla George like this.
  6. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Be cool if they got all the classes to run and figures out something for superbike. 90s vintage, stock 1000s, sidecars, moto3, groms, something.

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So the ZX636 will not be allowed, since in Europe it's the 599 model (World Supersport Technical rule) and not the North American one !?!?!

That's what there use to be with ASRA/CCS event in March.
    Lots of racing and track time for everyone (competitors)

On my end, it will suck, since the people that were to help me out as "my crew" were all racing in the CCS events and now they won't be there ! :(
    Back to the drawing board to find a team to help in the pits ! :confused:

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I'll be there! I live 22 minutes away. Even if there's no CCS races that I can race in I will still go. Whether just a spectator or helping out someone! :)

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Was the old horseshoe being used in 04 ? Also i think there was a little change in the shitcane?

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yes I think the track was faster then!

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I’ll be
    there for MA Twins, I will help you out.

12. KneeDragger_c69

Hey that's nice. Will definitly keep you in mind and hit you up when time comes (here's hoping for the borders)

Gino230 likes this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Racing will be good, but the sound of the twins is a turn off for me.
    The screaming 600s sound nuts there.

I will be watching either way.

14. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, the current MotoAmerica bikes will still be eligible to compete and the new bikes will be balanced in performance to a similar level. Meaning the 636 is OK to run as well.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

When was the last year they ran that schedule? That sounds ideal for everyone

16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

MotoGP announcers were talking this up earlier today....

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Right around 99 or 2001 maybe?

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am sure that AHRMA would be out since they don't play well with the AMA since the shit fest pissing match of a few years ago, but WERA could run vintage races following the same format as VMD and have that become a 2 race series or even 3 race series counting the GNF.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

What's crazy is that AMA/MA didn't want to do Daytona, they left it to the other racing orgs. now they want to take it back, since it seems to be doing ok, and still alive. Hope they involved the orgs that kept it alive

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. KneeDragger_c69

From what I read on the FaceBrook the org that kept it alive and well (I assume) will not be involved or present at all.
    No one from the org has yet to confirm those words.

sbk1198 likes this.