1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jdavis6446

jdavis6446 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Funkm05 and BigBird like this.
  2. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Was at NCM this weekend and brand new C8's waiting for delivery in all trims and colors. Picture doesn't do it justice but I bet there were 60-80 of them. Some of them looked like they'd been there for a few weeks.

Attached Files:

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Are they in a similar situation waiting on electronics like the Ford Super Duty graveyards at various airports around the country?

Doesn't seem like any manufacturer/model is immune, so I'd think the Corvette is feeling the same pinch.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

"Always garage kept." ...besides that time it sat in Kentucky for months on end in a parking lot getting sun baked before I bought it.

Reminds me of picking up Kia's from a rented farm field because they didn't have any more room at their facility to store them. From what I was told a bunch of those cars had wiring issues due to field mice getting in on that action.

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Corvettes@Carlisle was last week (good thing I didn’t need tube socks or sandals) and saw one similar to this. Definitely had a mean stance.

BigBird likes this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Riding through KY last weekend, I passed an open transporter full of, what appeared to be, brand new Corvettes. They were shrink wrapped in some kind of cover, but the tail lights, and general shape gave them away.

8. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

All these pages and no one is smiling while posing by their new C8:beer:

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Just saw online this morning that they have a wide body kit for the C8 .. and it looks incredible!
    Edit : big Yellow bird already posted ...

BigBird likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm seeing them all around and they don't seem all that special to me now. I'll take a 911 thank you.

ducnut, anupe, bwhip and 2 others like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Agree to disagree. The new Vette looks nothing like that vector. Unless you mean 4 tires and a general sloping to the front shape.

DucatiBomber and BigBird like this.
  13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I drove a new C8 weekend before this past.....most boring, uneventful, bland driving experience I've had in a sports car.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Vette, manual with loud exhaust, but.....seriously, it didn't impress me.

It did garner a lot of attention in our pack of cars though....everyone wanted to ask/comment about it.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah almost not a single resemblance in any weird angle on that totally different wedge shape with a wing. Not to mention the exact same wheel well profile.

BigBird likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a C6 Z06, to me it’s the best looking modern Corvette and I love the raw power, manual shifting, and lack of modern electronics. The new ones might be a little faster but I’ll take the feeling of the old one over that.

ducnut, HPPT, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

isnt the lastest "e version" just around the corner? Seems like buying a C8 w/ a gas motor thats a few years from being obsolete to a 4 motor AWD E version is a waste??

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

While I prefer the C7 Z06 (actually think the Grand Sport C7 is the perfect vette), I agree that the new C8 is just odd-looking proportionally as I see them more frequently in person now.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I think they had to make quite a few concessions design-wise to accomplish the mid-engine layout and having that rear trunk while still getting the MSRP within the stratosphere.........something a lot of mid-engine exotics don't concern themselves with. It's too long, too big in the ass, and looks like it rides higher than it should. I think some aftermarket mods can help a lot of that, and the new Z06 will likely be an improvement as well.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

If you actually want an electric car maybe, I’ll always prefer the gas engine, even if it’s obsolete.

BigBird likes this.
  19. laz749

laz749 Active Member

Sorry ,I don’t like them .

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This made my head hurt... can we just go with "recently"?