1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CASEY STONER: “Maybe I was stupid to turn the last MotoGP Offer Down"

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 2, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who?

418 likes this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The headline editor click baited the usual peanut gallery into heaven....

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's the first Ive read that he said that maybe he should have thought about it. Lost earnings was potentially $180M Whatever dollars is a bunch of $$$ to leave on the table.

Also, "Only later was it discovered that he probably had Epstein-Barr Virus, which may have triggered the chronic fatigue syndrome that plagues him now."

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

ducnut, Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Crazy talent. I remember thinking of him as the first ever rider, to me, where you could see he was clearly just a more naturally gifted rider. What he was able to do with a motorcycle was just beyond the level of riders at that time. He elevated everyone's game a ton. It reminded me off an older friend years ago. He mentioned that when Mike Hailwood was testing at Willow Springs in the 60's, he was doing things on a motorcycle that people just couldn't believe. He saw it with his own eyes and had a hard time believing.

Oh, I'm sure while I typed that some dipshit will say how Stoner was "beaten by a toddlers drink" or post some dumbass milk picture.

HPPT, sbk1198, Yzasserina and 2 others like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Want a little cheese with that whine? ;)

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

JU said the same thing after watching Schwantz take a few laps at Willow Springs (I believe on a FZ600).

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I believe Hailwood lapped Willow at 1:39 on a 50 hp (or less) Manx when it was an oiled dirt goat path. These guys come along only once in a while.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stoner could have been the GOAT. Being a flake, a disease, burning out and being a bit of an *asshole keeps him from my top spot but he makes my top 15 without a second thought.

*Yapping on one year about how the american fans were trying to knock him off his scooter at Laguna when it didn't happen cements that.

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Oops, typo, 1:36.

Hutch and BigBird like this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

When it comes to raw talent, he's in the top 3 in my opinion along with Marquez and Rossi. Only counting the MotoGP class riders, since 2002 though in that ranking.

BigBird likes this.