1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

100%. But damn, does my aero(ish) bike look cool!

I'm also the idiot that spends money on paint and decals on the race bike. I'm more inclined to ride and take care of my stuff if I am proud of it.

My SL7 hangs on my wall in my home office 'cause it's purty to look at. I have been mountain biking a lot more lately, so I haven't broken out the spandex very much lately.

[​IMG]

TurboBlew, sanee, ekraft84 and 2 others like this.
  2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I'm the Fred dailying 90's.

This pic is is 6 years old but mostly up to date, I have a Hollowgram w/ a powermeter now. I'll probably get some eTap next year so I can dump the downtube cables.

upload_2021-7-14_15-22-54.png

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Looking at buying a new road bike to replace my 06 Spec Allez Comp, any suggestions, trying to stay under $3k.

4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i tell that to all the newbies that think about getting in to riding to spend some money on getting something nice. Cause first off if it aint "purdy" youre not gonna want to ride it sooner or later and its gonna come with better components. If they do get the bug then they are not wasting time selling the pos and spending more to get another nicer ride

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is my "home built out of parts from many bikes" Titus that my son and brother made for me. It had fallen into disrepair so I had a shop bring it back to snuff. New brakes, tires and a tune up for $350...I didn't think that was too bad. I went with Conti hybrid street tires because I don't do trails. My main riding is townie cruises from bar to bar, so this fits the bill perfect. The seat is only on for testing...I'll be getting something different. Also going to put a drop down post simply because I think they're cool:D And part of me wants to change the handlebars to beach bars.

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  6. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Something with a minimum of 105. A new Allez sprint w/105 would be under $3k but you can’t find them. I’m going to post up my 2015 Cervelo R3 w/ 11spd di2 and carbon wheels for $2200 in okc. Size 51

Senna, sill'r B sill'd and ajcjr like this.
  7. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

To my fellow bike pros,
    My wife's bike fell off our Thule Rack on the highway and luckily only mangled the front rim and tire. It's a old school steel Nishiki which she's ridden thousands of miles on, including a century in 2018.
    This is the current rim, but I can't find the hub/axle dimensions. I know it's a 27x1. 1/4 QR, according to the rim sticker. I couldn't find a direct replacement in my few minutes of searching.
    I just ordered a 700c wheel off REI, and the axle measures 9x100mm QR.
    Do I just measure the inside front fork diameter to make sure this new wheel will fit? I've read that standard road bike axles are 100 and 110mm. Thanks for the help.
    [​IMG]

8. Suzuka_joe

27x 1.1/4 is the rim itself. the new wheel should work, 9mmx100 has been the standard fora long time

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  9. Suzuka_joe

I got a new bike this week.

2022 Specialized SL7 Tarmac Comp w/ Zipp 303s hookless wheelset, also picked up the power mirror saddle since I was already overspending lol

[​IMG]

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

That's purdy, so clean.

11. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

It's super futuristic looking. I'd be interested in your bike for sale, it's even my size! Too bad I just bought a used Specialized Roubaix Elite. It'll work for now!

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The power mirror saddle sat in my cart for about a week before I clicked order. Worth every penny...

Sharp bike!

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I have been interested in the mirror saddle as well. Just really struggle in justifying the cost.

Let us know how you like that Rival grupo, I am thinking of putting in on my gravel bike.

14. Suzuka_joe

i've done a quick ride around the neighborhood and 2 45 min rides on zwift on my wahoo. The rival axs is great. Im coming from ultegra 6870 di2 and while I prefer the hoods on the shimano (slightly smaller) the rival stuff is great. its a lot quieter and the gear range is way nicer. the rival axs etap is equivilent to 105 if shimano had it so the differences in Rival, Force and Red are weight really. I did put a force 10-36t black cassette on and put the rival cassette on my wahoo. My future plans are red cranks w/ power meter and some carbon aerobars. that should put the bike close to 15lbs as if it matters lol

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is cool.

What I really like about the Sram is being wireless and compatible with their mtb stuff.

I am debating either doing a full Rival set or going 1x on the front and using a mtb rear cassette and derailleur

16. Suzuka_joe

When I buy red cranks i'll take a look at converting to 1x. its pretty flat in oklahoma anyways. I only ever use the small ring on the trainer riding zwift.

rafa likes this.
  17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I just got a Diverge a couple days ago, which basically does that (1x with the same cassette /derailleur as the MTB). Getting it ready to rip still, but I like having the same SRAM stuff on all the bikes (nothing against Shimano, I like their stuff too).

Has anyone been able to find chainrings in stock? This bike comes with a 42 and I can't find a 44 or 46 anywhere ..

rafa likes this.
  18. Suzuka_joe

competitive cyclist had the sram cassette I needed in stock. however I wanted 10-36 since thats what my bike came with, a 10-33t cassette is impossible to find aside from price gougers on ebay

ekraft84 likes this.
  19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

beauty, if you dont mind me asking, what did that set you back? looking at specialized, and S-works bikes. Ski

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The wheel will work, might have to adjust the brake pad location. But a 27 1/4 tire will not fit on a 700 wheel.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.