1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 | MotoAmerica | General Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by MyWayGuy, Jul 14, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

so you havent even been an event in two years?

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

So math escapes you. No need to reply. Sigh

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am just going to call a flat out BULLSHIT here. Maybe you should try and come down from your sanctimonious soap box and understand your audience. How dare you insinuate that we have no idea about "effort and sacrifice" that racers and their families put into racing. Are kids any more special than a 25 year old that makes sacrifices to get on the track? The fact that kids and their parents are getting out there is great, but they don't deserve anything more than what they are getting. What gives you the right to tell others ( with vast amounts of experience) that they are missing opportunities, which may very well exist only in your head. Go ahead and rant about MA and Ohvale not doing what you want them to do, but I'll bet that they have valid reasons for doing it the way they are. I hope that they are making a buck or to by going with the spec Ohvale instead of allowing in other frame manufacturers. Of course it is evil capitalism at work, that is how businesses stay afloat. Motorcycle road racing is a business and if WERA, MA, CCS, etc... don't make a profit then there won't be anyplace other than the K-mart parking lot for any kids to ride there mini's. You can infer our ignorance all you want, but you have provided absolute proof of stupidity.

KWyman133, Skter505, ajcjr and 4 others like this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You are just not normal in general. [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

noles19 likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

so yea, you havent been since 2019...

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You're going to have to yell if you want him to hear you. Ken sent him scurrying into the woods with his tail between his legs. I've seen his level of enthusiasm for youth motorsports before. It is a precursor to divorce and financial collapse. Dude, if you are still listening, take some advice from someone who has seen it happen. Go with the flow. The racing world is going to chew you up and spit you out regardless of your actions. Have fun while it is fun.

YamahaRick and pickled egg like this.
  7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

You want kids to be interested because they are interested - seeing other kids doing it not because some dad says to do it or tells them to watch it in TV. You want kids interviewing kids. Kids stoked about it - kids seeing other kids having FUN. You want to put it in front if the target audience who convinces their parents to check it out. Fun for kids sells the idea to them, not the 1 in XYX chance of being a factory rider. Other than Nick and Disney, who else could put racing coverage in front of kids?

You've got the beatdown already from @kenessex on effort and sacrifice. I may take the high road on the ignorance comment, then again maybe not.

MotoAmerica - call up Nickelodeon, Disney isn't going to answer. Oh yeah, feature the young ladies massively too to get them stoked.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

They already have multiple kids classes that have great racing and are televised- Red Bull Rookies and Moto 3 come to mind.

I'm guessing the reason it's called the Ohvale Cup is because it's sponsored by Ohvale? So getting another chassis in would be tough. kind of like getting another tire brand into a spec tire series.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, the sport needs parents like you who are willing to sacrifice so their kids can hopefully develop into adult racers. Preferably with jobs so they can pay for said racing careers!

FastByKids likes this.
  9. FastByKids

If / when the sport fizzles then what?

Paddocks look a bit sparse from what I remember a few years ago.

Glad to know the BB is still snarky and intolerant of anyone with a difference of opinion.

I’m sure when it’s hanging on by a thread they will say we didn’t get the youth involved because it was to hard?

Holy funk, why would anyone get involved if parents are doomed with divorce and bankruptcy?

I’d rather have hope and enthusiasm than intolerance and insults.

Keep on keeping on.

10. FastByKids

You obviously don’t know me. So much generalisation. I don’t run and hide. Simply went to bed since I’m in a much different time zone than others.

I guess you missed a few posts and jumped in on the tar and feather job you guys think you gave me.

But yes, I should of dropped 26 grand on second rate OH-vale mini machines (2ea of 160’s /190’s) then budgeted another 20 large for spares and travel for a year. All this for a series that no one wants to see / hardly any coverage nor will be included into the promoters live package. And from all the experts here will be doom for the parents and kids?

Man, I’m glad we are on some theft recoveries purchased for pennies and turned them into economical race machines with some minimal support.

Then cherry picking a few rounds for fun and to make memories.

Hopefully I don’t go bankrupt and land in divorce court.

You got a fine collection here MONGO!

By the way, drop by the pits anytime after a days racing. I’d still drink a beer with any of you.

11. henry_carlson

People respectfully disagreed with you until you brought the snark dickhead. Paddock has been packed this year, again if you've been since 2019 or payed attention to all the bitching about oversized grids youd know this. I personally think we were trying to convey that it is not as easy as you claim it is, no one said it was a bad idea.

12. FastByKids

At least on my end decent conversations were had without personal attacks.

2019? So much assumption and a clear arithmetic error.

Yes, my opinions and vision is obvious different than others.

I still say if MotoA Live included the MiniCup it would outperform some of the other races. See —- a opinion.

These kids won’t be engaged in a “Nick or Disney” format. That’s possibly a dinosaur way of thinking. However some creative YouTube / Rumble production might go a longer way. Kids (at least mine) rarely watch traditional tv. Guys like Pham get it, just need more people to think outside the box.

Continue on with your flaming assignations. Grown men getting upset over opinions. Oh I’ve missed this place!

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

14. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

They tried to get other manufacturers into the mini cup. Guess who the only company was to step up. Ohvale, you know, the one you are shitting on.

The guy running it I hear also corners low.

15. FastByKids

It’s a great show. It’s awesome for the kids. I’d actually like to see it expand and grow. You have a odd interpretation of thinking I’m shitting on anything.

Not a fan of spec racing. Much like how the KTM cup fizzled and has turned into Kawi vs Yamaha vs KTM in the Junior cup. Much better racing and gaining in popularity and the grid is growing.

Hopefully the series evolves and doesn’t become extinct.

16. nigel smith

So, evil empire is just a term of endearment?

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

IDK, I thought the Nickelodeon idea was cute? With the slime? Carry on.

Gino230 and noles19 like this.
  18. nigel smith

Feel free to introduce yourself. My user name is my real name. All I know about you is that you are a part time race dad with an attitude I've seen before.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Really?????

bleacht and pickled egg like this.
  20. FastByKids

Absolutely!

As many have pointed out that a Europe format is difficult in the American market. I’d like to see the youth segment grow despite the equipment. They have economic motivations and at the end of the day to them it’s about selling bikes. I get that, but just not sure that’s a formula to grow the sport.(youth)

My fear is that without some increased exposure that series might become less and less every year until it’s no longer viable.

They did a phenomenal job getting the series started. But a single make series has not ended well in the US. My opinion is they need to expand to other manufacturers and get the grid size up.

Dangling one race rides in Europe might be a gut check. Not only in our lack of competitiveness but the financial hit.

My opinion is we need to up our game in America with a bit more training and organisation.

Focus here first, get our systems straight before thinking we can go to Europe. As is kids are going to Europe to get next level instead of doing it in America.

So far the East coast mini orgs are getting it.

Southern California has so much potential but geared to high dollar personal 1 on 1 coaching.

Another California org has a proper vision but has some personality issues.

I’m not in tune with their vision because of the high probability of failure. Again all opinion. We still are permitted to have those right?