1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth earbuds. What works best in a helmet?

Discussion in 'General' started by beechkingd, Jun 26, 2021.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I've tried all sorts of earbuds on my street bike and really like using the Comply foam tips on standard wired ones. I had some Mpow around the neck type ones that blocked the ambient sound pretty well. I bought some airpod pro's and they suck,(actually they work great everywhere, but on my bike) the noise canceling can't handle the wind noise and with it off I might as well not have anything on. The around the neck ones don't fit well with my street leathers though, are there any other types that would block the ambient wind noise better?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

In on the podium!!

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

AirPod pros work the best of any Bluetooth earbuds I’ve tried on the bike.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I bought these on the cheap ($20), and they’ve been surprisingly good.

Attached Files:

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Sena

/thread

StaccatoFan and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Sena and foam plugs

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

The final solution is a Bluetooth system wired into the helmet like a Sena, cardio, etc. Combined with ear plugs you're good to go.

worthless likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yup.

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Consider the Db reducing type as well. They cut out external noise so you don't have to have the volume up to a damaging level to hear anything. While I haven't used them in a helmet, I love my Elgin Ruckus plugs.

beechkingd likes this.
  10. beechkingd

I hate wind noise and I'm not going any long distance without music, let alone route guidance.

11. beechkingd

I might give them a try. I've been looking at bluetooth receivers that will connect to wired headphones. I used to have good luck with cheap Sony wired earbuds and comply foam tips. I'd rather have my phone in my tank bag holder than in my pocket so a receiver may work.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not sayin' anything other than that sudden "...what was that?" moment and it's some fuck in a coal roller trying to bowling pin ya.
    YMMV. Enjoy.

13. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

14. beechkingd

I've been street riding with earplugs or earbuds for well over 25 years. Haven't had any one sneak up on me like that yet, with decent ear plugs I can hear the coal roller coming and see them with my nice convex mirrors.