1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are Nelson Ledges' facilities like?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BretSV, May 17, 2021.

1. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

This will be {B}Fast Racing's first time at Nelson. Their website has no info. Wondering what to expect as far as:

Can we get into the track 24/7?
    Can we camp on site?
    Are there showers?
    Is food available at the track?
    Is there power for warmers?

Looking forward to it, thanks!

2. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

I love the place but this is gonna be some funny shit

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes 24/7
    Yes camping
    Not sure on showers
    Yes some food but it's minimal
    No power.

sheepofblue and BretSV like this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Mongo got most of it.

Based on my visits to Nelson Ledges last year.

There are showers in the bathroom shack. Think an old run down Summer Camp style facility.

There's a small grill in the mornings and lunch time that serves simple breakfasts like breakfast sandwiches and coffee.
    It's not an IHOP, but they do well with what is available to them.

The staff there is VERY nice, and VERY friendly.

I'm pretty sure we cannot make the June round, but I'm hoping the stars align and we are able to maybe make the Pitt and Nelson rounds later in the season.

FUCK Covid is all I gotta say.

BretSV likes this.
  5. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

hey, at least they got a repave a few years ago, and they have curbing now!

I haven't been there this year, but one of the 2 ways into the infield (the overpass) had this like 8" drop off that can mess up some vehicles. Did they get that fixed yet?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue, I never go over the bridge :crackup:

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

yeah...I meant to mention that the track's in VERY good condition, which I will take ANY day of the week over luxury facilities.

We had a fantastic time every time we went to Nelson last year. And, as soon as I can I'll be back there with WERA.

8. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to it. I don't mind minimal facilities (Summit Point is my favorite track). Just want to know what to plan for.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Here's a image of the front gate, you do have to walk in but it's like...
    [​IMG]

LrS and SuddenBraking like this.
  10. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

Think primitive camping and hope for better and you will be fine. Bring your generator.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

No big drop-off that I noticed when I drove in and my car as very low clearance. When I take the RV I don't go over the overpass. There doesn't seem to be a specific weight limit, but the track does ask that you not use it if you have a "heavy" rig. At least that is what I was told when I was trying to exit the track with my Outlaw.

12. LrS

LrS brain dead

My rig is 10k, not including the truck and it's contents. We made it over with out any excitement.

13. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I found the paddock really charming. It was cool compared to some of the newer golf resort like facilities, felt like a real tough old school racer. And some really good food is only 15 minutes away in the town.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Where did you get food? I've never eaten around there other than the gas station off the turnpike.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Garrettsville seems to have some nice hipsterish places but haven't been to any yet, heard some good stuff tho. There's a great pizza joint in downtown Warren, they have a place out in Howland too depending on where you grab a hotel room.

jksoft likes this.
  16. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

We went to Two Traveler's Inn, it was good food and drinks, impressive whiskey menu according to my teammate. But there are a couple other very good looking restaurants all on the main street in Garrettsville, Sean's Pub, Slim & Jumbo's, and a brewery or two. Also Corner Ice Cream Shop about 10 minutes in the opposite direction has some awesome soft serve.

jksoft likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? When did I open a pub?

I need to go there if we ever stay at the track and see if having the proper spelling can get me a free beer :D

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Sean or Jumbo? :D

Boman Forklift and tgold like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would be either Sean or Mongo and I'd go with Sean since I have an ID with that on it. Some day I also want to hit Sean Patricks in Vegas since that's the first and middle names :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I heard they removed all the tires but the mosquitos moved them back in. :D

Gawd, I used to love that shithole. :up:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Motofun352 likes this.