1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What's strange is I haven't seen how much money the "hackers" were after. Kind of looked for it yesterday.....has anybody seen this info?

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Jesus, some people aren't eating right, or something....

Must be the strawberry PopTarts.....

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

Just to make it official - after a lot of research and watching things with regard to the unwarranted fuel panic, the event this weekend at Roebling Road Raceway is going on as scheduled with an N2 track day tomorrow, endurance racing Saturday and sprint racing on Sunday. There are still fuel shortages in some urban areas in the Southeast however with a little planning and using something like the gasbuddy app you can still find plenty of fuel along all the routes to the track and there is fuel readily available in and around Savannah. See you all there!

Triple X and RossK6 like this.
  5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

:Puke:
    The yoga pants say women, but the facial hair indicates otherwise.:Puke:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yoga pants should be permitted and should never be sold in XXL sizes.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Ok, which state is gonna take credit for that stupidity ? :eek:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

NJ on a trip...they really don't know much about pumping their own gas.

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I was going to say 4 mil, but then that was actually the ransomware attack on the DC police systems that's also going on right now, that they also chose not to pay.

kangasj likes this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I wanna see video of people getting the gas OUT of those bags and totes.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The first time she takes a turn, hits the brakes, or hits a bump, that gas is going to come out of that tote just fine.

Hopefully some finds its way to an ignition source and removes another stain from the gene pool.

Rebel635, borislav and Banditracer like this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I hadn’t really looked at the creature because I was caught off guard by it’s actions but upon closer inspection it kind of looks like Chris Farley went into witness protection. Also I’m not going to say I’ve never been on a call while I was pumping gas but if there was ever a chance of a phone igniting some fumes that has to be the best odds ever.

Rebel635 likes this.
  13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I heard 325 mil

kangasj likes this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I read that they attacked the financial side of the business, not the pipeline itself but Colonial shut everything down to protect it.

15. Shit like that makes me wonder why they didnt ask for a reasonable amount.

Do yall remember a few years ago when that really bad virus attacked multiple companies? I know Merck was one of them, several banks, etc. It also hit my company.

I was in the office when it happened. I had my phone plugged in charging it, and all the computer screens went black, and white writing popped up on the screen. It said something about a "routine backup, don't turn off your computer". Then I saw the little counter thing going. I thought "It looks like its uploading something" and I jerked my phone out of it.

Then all the writing changed to red, and it said something like "Your computer has been locked and only our decryption key can unlock it".

I believe it was called the "Petya Goldeneye" or some shit like that and was originally stolen from NSA. It was legit. In our company, it originated from a Terminal in the UK. It then immediately gave itself the highest permissions, and sent itself to every computer in the entire parent network. When i say parent network, i dont mean all the Terminals. It hit every Terminal, every refinery, every container ship, every drilling rig, all of the shorebased offices all over the world, every fucking thing. It was actually pretty impressive.

I found it, this is what came up on every computer worldwide...

[​IMG]

16. We have an entire floor of sure enough IT gurus in Copenhagen, and they couldnt do shit with it. It cost the company billions. Every computer stayed like that for over a week.

But anyway, my question is, why not just ask for $20?

If you are sending out a virus that can potentially reach tens of millions of computers, why not just ask for $20, or even $5? Chances are, most people would just pay it.

If something hit my laptop and they asked for that kind of money, i would just shitcan it and buy a new one. But $5, eh i might pay that.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I don't see how she's even going to be able to lift it back into the trunk if she fills it. Doesn't look to fit.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not entirely sure, but I think my corner UDF just limited me to $50 in fuel. At $2.89 a gallon.

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Why is this shit even open to internet. Pipelines worked long before the internet existed.Just because u can doesn’t mean u should. Seems it opens up far more threats to security.

kangasj likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Same thing at the one down by lunken. 16 gallons of diesel and it shut off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.