1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that covers the all of the freaked out soccer moms, hopefully the smaller joints up near me will be okay.

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

It is not like all the pumps and valves stopped turning. The frac towers still frac, the pumps still pump, the drills still drill, the trucks still run....people are dumb

Mainstream news needs to be put on a 1 year ban until they stop inciting so much unnecessary bullshit.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A time out for the media would be nice.

j cal, Yzasserina, thrak410 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Would have been $3.10 a gallon for regular. When I left every pump had someone at it and lines forming.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My daughter in Charlotte just filled up with premium. The station was out of regular and mid grade. My wife is in Aiken and her usual stations are out. Most of the stations I saw in Augusta and North Augusta didn't show indications of supply issues.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All? That just covers the ones on the group texts. The Twitter twits still need petrol.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was going more with where they idiots live and how far they're willing to go in their panic.

R Acree likes this.
  8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Stopped in Brevard, NC for a couple of days on a moto trip, and most of the stations around here are out of fuel. Very long lines at the few remaining ones. I was down to .5 gal this morning so thinking we would be stranded here for awhile, but was able to score a whole tank this morning.

I hear Va is even worse off. Gonna be a long trip home to Md.

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Is this going to be an issue driving to Roebling? Need gas for a pickup an 20 gallons to race with..

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Apparently I'ma have to re-shoot that 'faces-to-names' thread picture with my full two 5 gallon gas cans.

Gino230 and renegade17 like this.
  11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Something like this happened a few years back when a hurricane affected the refineries in Houston that feed this pipeline. I think the coastal areas were not impacted as badly due to them getting their fuel via tankers hitting the coastal ports.

There's a lot of stupid going on here in Charlotte. I like to fill up half way, which will put me in the heart of SC, and has me wondering if supplies along I-95 might not be hit as hard like when the hurricane hit the refinery. Does the Gas Buddy app track prices and availability?

JBall likes this.
  12. Yep. Same thing that happened with shitwipe.

BHP41 likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can always use the old US Routes.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

LOL! I was just saying to Sam that we need to buy up a stock of the good toilet paper otherwise we'll be buying single ply again in no time. :crackup:

15. After getting bit by the last period of dumbfuckism, Im set on Charmin ultra-soft for a long time. :D

Ever since that shortage, whenever we go to the store for something else, I’ll grab some shitwipe just to have it.

BHP41 likes this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Your place?
    upload_2021-5-11_16-46-49.jpeg

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And that is not at all the kind of behavior that would start the shortage. You are a much better person than those people. :D

Phl218, 418 and R Acree like this.
  18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I was actually planning on that since there's a construction choke point on I-77. I'm fairly confident normal service will resume by Friday.

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Hope it gets better by Friday. We are coming from Ohio and go through Charlotte. We were doing the same thing during the hurricane shortage, and had to pour some race gas in the truck at least once after running dry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.