1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geoff May's ex Daytona 200 Pole Sitting R6

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by rjonesy683, Jun 20, 2017.

1. rjonesy683

rjonesy683 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I never sat on the new r6. I believed they changed the subframe on the new one so it is probably a little bit different

LeeR likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If I recall correctly they redesigned the seating position on the 2017 to have a more "sit in the bike" feel. 2016 and earlier you're up higher for more of that "sit on the bike" feel.

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Yes! I can’t ride an 06-16 r6 to save my life because of that. Just can’t get comfortable. The new seating position is very favorable.

Ducti89 likes this.
  4. rjonesy683

I still have it. Can be brought to ROC at Daytona in a couple weeks if anyone is interested.

5. rjonesy683

Bump...Daytona people!

6. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Bring it. Good chance I'll leave with it.

7. rjonesy683

Will do,

8. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

Bump for a good guy!

9. Napier43

Napier43 Member

Hello, is this bike still for sale?

10. rjonesy683

Yes still for sale

11. nicholae

nicholae Well-Known Member

Bike sold?

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

13. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

14. 2wheelcrazy

2wheelcrazy Bike ADD issues

The ad is 3 1/2 years old..... really Are you looking to see if maybe the next owner is selling it??

15. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Can the new subframe be put on a 16 for that in bike feel? I notice that high seat position on my 16 R6.

16. Jaketheone46

Can anyone confirm this?? I have a 2016 and the wife is trying to transition from her R3 to the R6 and anything I can do to lower the seat height without affecting performance would just be amazing. I would assume if the new subframe makes you sit more into the bike that it also lowers the seat height. If this is the case does anyone know if the subframes are compatible?? I’d make the switch in a heartbeat.

17. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I had a 16 and 17 at the same time, the seat height is the same, distance to the pegs is the same, the tank changed so much that you feel less like you sit on top.. the new subframe won't make it sit any lower

18. Jaketheone46

Thanks very much, exactly what I needed to know.