1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage endurance

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by TZRusty, Apr 9, 2021.

1. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in having a vintage endurance class ? Same rules as EEC Classic Maxi. 18" wheels, dot tires, 1300 aircools. Basicly big Suzuki's, Kawi's and Hondas.

evakat likes this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I would be if other V bikes were allowed.... V7 v8 ect....

ToofPic likes this.
  3. TZRusty

There are rules for the Open class, bikes through 1989. I suppose if there was enough interest it would help fill the field. It may be a better class to get started.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I consider a 10 lap race to be endurance for a BSA . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

SpeedyE, VFR#52, 418 and 3 others like this.
  5. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

make it happin cappin

6. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Would this be an open class for Vintage? I'm not sure how well some of the older bikes would perform over 4 hours compared to a V8 R6, 675, 6R. In my mind those bikes should compete in the normal MW class

TLR67 likes this.
  7. TZRusty

The FIM European Endurance Classic series has 4 classes. Classic, Classic Maxi, 750 Formula and Open. Cut off for classic classes is, 1982 Formula is 1986 and Open 1989. The concept is to race period endurance bikes.

8. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

Russ we may have to move to europe to do this. i dont see anyone ( uscra, ccs or ahrma) reducing track time of the sprint race classes on the weekend. 4 hours is a long time. how many sprint races can fit in that 4 hour period? 8-12 maybe ? uscra usually does 1-3 hour. not this year though. vrra does 1 a year. N2 / wera has there series. there doesnt seem to be much interest in the vintage sprint races w/ wera nevermind adding a vintage class in endurance. ahrma has a PI class, doesnt seem to be much interest there either. what bike you have? tom p

9. TZRusty

Wishful thinking on my part. Dave Crussell and I seem to have the only PI prepared bikes. We were hoping for more interst in that class. I plan to race the Spa 4 hr in the future. We have a group preparing a FZ750 and FZR1000 for when we can go.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would be truly cool but no way we'd get enough to pay the bills for the track time.

11. TZRusty

Maybe someday. For now I'm getting ready to hit Mid Ohio Vintage Days

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet, we'll be there :D