1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Commufornia restrictions

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

How much do you think the people behind the massive distribution centers around Reno spent on donations and whatnot to incentivize the sqiubmababobber board to make these rules?

SGVRider and Dom17 like this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if you could hold up a sign on 95 with an arrow pointing inland that would be great. Tired of NE'ers rolling up with "In NY we did..." Um huh...
    The best part is they get duped into buying in the biggest redneck counties because the hillbillies make developers build new schools.

noles19 and Phl218 like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Bruce Jenner!!!!!!!!

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Caitlyn Car-dash-ian

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So Austin is a stain on Texas. And remember to NOT think like a Californicator when you vote where ever you flee to. A California conservative is a Liberal in Alabama.....maybe flee to NY....:p

thrak410, Daniel06 and Pride & Joy like this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Trying to find that post about you making fun of me for being Floridian..... I just know its around here somewhere.

On a serious note, that does suck man and I hate that you even have to consider changing things due to stupid fucking state politicians.

Quicktoy and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Rob, you should really check out the Gulf coast around the Tampa/St. Pete area. It likely checks all your boxes and it's not remotely redneck or ghetto. That's inland. The humidity isn't even horrible if you're right on the coast.
    Swap out your forklift business for a golf cart business and let er rip. Plenty of real estate with boat lifts out back. Prices spiked a bit because of Covid refugees, but still cheap by Cali standards. No state income tax and reasonable property taxes still.
    And they don't call it the sunshine state for nothing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

California is hell bent on doing everything they can to drive out businesses and intellectual capital. Its going to happen and the fallout will be huge. People will eventually get sick and tired of it, throw in the towel and get out. Plenty of people have made huge $$$ on the insane real estate in the state, but when the next crash happens, they'll get out, too.

Not sure I would consider Texas personally. South Florida is awesome. We would live part time in Miami SoFi if I could afford it. But, 1 bdr apartments in the building we like are over $10K per month.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

With a side of lead and freon

Ducti89 likes this.
  10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Love to hear your thesis/analysis behind this. We talking next 6-18 months or inflation here to stay? Didn’t Volker teach us how to handle inflation? If so, wouldn’t the increase in interest rates lead to $ strength, especially due to the ever low rates in other developed markets that would love to buy $ denominated assets at better yields, even after the Fx adjustments?

Your view that central bank raises rates, kills inflation, inverts curve, recession happens, back to zero lower bound, fire up QE engine, and we are able to successfully create an inflation monster?

We’ve been trying that since 2010!

I’ll save the demographic issues for a later date.

11. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

And to think, you have some of the "better" Texas MTB areas nearby to you. Lake Georgetown, Brushy, RR, Spider Mnt., Cameron Park. Surely it is not that bad. Or maybe as an ATX local myself I am just hopefully it is not THAT much better everywhere else for the two wheel pedal

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That's the only part of FL I've ever considered moving to. Lower, or at least weaker, hurricane risk and beautiful beaches. Last time I hung out in Tampa though I was Ybor party age, so no idea what's there for old folk.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

For the LAST GD TIME........FLORIDA IS FULL!!

Quicktoy and Chino52405 like this.
  14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I second this opinion...but maybe just North of Tampa Bay , say Clearwater . The reason why in my opinion is the recent Red Tide blooms seem to stop at the Southern edge of Tampa Bay ... and area South of there were affected.

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  15. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I've been to Lake Georgetown (10 minutes from the house), Brushy and RPR so far. I have not been to Spider Mountain yet or any stuff near Lake Travis or even San Antonio. RPR is my favorite so far and at least has some XC type stuff. Sorry to say it, but the trails and amount of options in CA blows away what I have seen here. There I could go climb in Santa Ana Mtns or San Gabriels, or I could hit fun flowy stuff at several places. The dirt is dirt there too, not rock like here. I'm afraid to ride my carbon wheels here so far. I didn't move here for the MTB'ing though, so I'll adapt and enjoy any time I can spend on two wheels.

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Your safe ... you live in Secretsville .. and no one knows where that’s at :D

BC likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I can’t disagree on the massive inflation. Holding real estate is usually good protection against that, which would actually be a great reason to stay put, since the dollars in real estate owned here are higher than the $ in real estate I would be comfortable purchasing in another area.

Plus owning a bunch of inventory, although not good for ROI is a great hedge against massive inflation. I didn’t own my own business back in the 70s or 80s, but I still remember a friend who’s dad owned an office supply company telling me they loaded up on inventory because inflation was better than money in the bank for them?

I have no need for a mansion, and want to downsize from my place. Having said that, Mama still kinda wants another 3k sq ft place and I think I would be happy in 1800-2000 sq ft. She will probably win that battle, since you have to pick the battles, and I don’t really have a huge desire to fight her on this one.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah but turnover is really high.

Chino52405 likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When i moved to Texas in 1985 the Texans said the only good Yankee was a dead Yankee.

when I moved to california in 90

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you actually serious?