1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh, what makes you think a mousse will be problematic? Make sure this happens: Don't ride it at 60 plus on hard pack or paved roads much. Install a fairly fresh one and track your mileage and then inspect it say after say 300 miles of use? And once you see mousse debris in the tire replace it.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It is the answer.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep they work great when you get a puncture

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm slow, but still beat the crap out of my wheels.

My problem that I ran into was the nipples had worn the hole out on the rim.

So, I just got a new set of wheels and will use the stock wheels as a backup if need be.

5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

You will love running bib's, they are idiot proof and you gain a lot of confidence knowing you can just ram into anything without worry of a puncture. Try the Michelin Enduro medium front next though, it's even better than the SC5 tires and works in anything.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've got two sets of wheels off a 2013 Husky TE511 that may work for you. I believe the rear definitely does, front depends on model/year.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i ride a lot.. every day for almost a month now. Love mousse, and all i race offroad/enduro with, but Tubliss is what i practice on, as mousse will wear out with enough hours, and they are not cheap. I get about 2 tires out of a mousse if i change to new tires within reason (don't run till knobs all fall/worn off). Tubliss is awesome though, and 7-8psi is sooooooo much better than 12-13psi that i had to run in tubes to not get pinch flats on roots.

8. MELK-MAN

have seen and have bought spare OEM ktm wheels off facebook for $600-700. See new take offs for $800-900!
    Just got a spare 18" rear for one of my ktm's (NOT oem) .. $220 NEW delivered. NO rotor or sprocket. made in CHINA so keep that in mind. But, it's pretty decent, black rim, black heavy duty spokes, hub similar to a KTM/HUSKY hub, decent bearings and spacers, but the seals are flimsy. Gonna see if an OEM ktm bearing seal will fit to hold spacers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/KKE-2-15-18-Casting-Rear-Wheel-Rim-For-EXC-EXC-F-125-200-250-300-350-450-505/202538228941?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

turner38 likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've had friends have good luck with tusk

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you’re there all of the time, then it must be nice? I’ve some family in the vicinity, so thought I’d find out if it’s worth bringing the moto along with on our next visit.

RNYC likes this.
  11. Saw those pop up when searching but like most stuff like that was very skeptical. Even though I’m slow 3rd gear on my 300-ish with a hub grenading will still hurt a bit.

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I went and road some flat track on Saturday. Half mile TT track in Central Illinois. Kind of setup like the Peoria TT with a jump, uphill and downhill. The up and then downhill is turn 3. The braking zone down the hill into turn 4 is awesome sliding sideways on the brakes. Took me a while to build the stones to hold the thing wide open until at least the top of the hill. 5th gear tapped on a 250 2-stroke is moving pretty good. I'm glad I went 3 teeth down on the rear sprocket because it was geared almost perfect. They are having a district / Outlaw race at this place (Central Illinois Motorcycle Club) May 30/31st after the AFT round at Rt.66. 10k dollar pot. If you make the main in the open pro and pro/am races it pays all the way back to last place.

upload_2021-4-6_10-11-3.png upload_2021-4-6_10-11-27.png

Boman Forklift, j cal and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. MELK-MAN

20+ hours on the rear wheel/hub. zero issues. impressed, especially for the price !

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Nice thing about those tubeless systems is if you do get a flat you can still ride it out.

Anyone going to the Spring ride at Loretta's? Beer, you should join us.

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree. It sucks in soft sandy terrain.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Where is that, I grew up in Central Illinois?

I was a drag racer back then, so never got to take advantage of anything offered via flat track. I remember going to Chillicothe, I think, and back then Tote Gray from Grayboy Kawasaki had some fast riders.

I've never even seen the TT at Peoria, because we were always at a drag race somewhere in the midwest back then.

17. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'd love to, but I'll be in San Antonio for work.

We're getting in all the equipment for the new Tundra set to roll out this fall.

18. grasshopper

I was actually wondering about that. When we ride sandy terrain we usually run 5-8 psi. Can you do that with those tubeless thingamabobs? I've never had an issue with the heavy duty inner tubes and always have a spare anyway. People always complaining about flats probably aren't changing their tires / tubes correctly.

19. grasshopper

It's in Neoga, Il

upload_2021-4-6_14-37-21.png

upload_2021-4-6_14-39-12.png

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that's a city I've never even heard of.