1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ez-up canopy

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 21, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Who where the people that were giving wera discounts on them and do they still do it?

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The EZ-UP folks?

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Some one on here was advertiseing them.

4. I need a new one as well.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was EZ-Up directly, not sure if our contact still works there even but I'll try to find out.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I needed a shelter fast and ended up ordering a private labeled one from sporting good company made by China inc.
    The sports company were unable to ship by the time I needed it so we also ordered a EZUP pyramid and I was shocked at how fast they got it to us. Ordered an odd ball colored one during a sale and it was within 20 or 40 bucks of the china inc one.

We ended up using the china inc one because it was easier to unpack and get ready for the tournament and it worked fine for the time I needed it but it was "meh" at best. The local lacrosse org needed one so I gave them the China inc one and it worked great for them up until this weekend when I saw the frame had folded up and was now junk.

Anyways, the EZUP pyramid is holding up great, easy as all heck to get up and down and is well worth the asking price. I will be getting another EZUP when this one finally dies (or gets donated).

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have heard good things about the Eurmax canopies supposedly priced below the EZUP. I saw a couple at my last track day and they looked stout and the bag was very nice. It looks like they come with side walls and sand bags included. If I were in the market I would give them a try, but I have two workable cheap ones and I only need one, so even if one fails I am covered. :D

Rich Graver, _indy and TurboBlew like this.
  8. Lavana

Lavana The coming

After going through a few cheap ones you find at the big stores the key is to tie them down even if there’s “no wind” also tell people that come over to stop hanging on them.

I will be getting a better kind but my cheap tent has lasted me about 3 years. Not bad since my first one lasted about 6 months.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I bought one of Ebay... 10' x 20' with a solid frame.
    The bag of the bag is going... the black tarp is fading but the damn thing is still up and in great shape.
    Weighs a fucking tone but for under $400USD... i don't mind lifting some weight for conditioning lol :P

I agree with @Lavana... tell people to stop hanging off them and YES tie them down at all times.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My two cheap 10x10 FirstUp are:
    9 years old with a new top, one new truss and the bag is pretty well shot. $75 + $30 + $20. Lasted through a pop up rain storm that folded up a friends more expensive 10x15.
    4 years old with bag starting to tear and pin holes in the top. $80

At some point soon I may put the newer top on the newer frame and donate the old one to someone that needs a cheap canopy or just keep a few spare parts and ditch the rest.
    Tie it down well (big tent stakes, trailer, tow vehicle, 3000W inverter generator, big ass tool chest, whatever it takes). Lower the side that faces the wind if it is a breezy day. Take it down if a storm is coming and they will last.

If you need it to be up during a storm buy a high end EZUP or EurMax, tie it down even better and say a prayer the storm doesn't get too bad.

tawzx12r likes this.
  11. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

They are definitely on par with my old EZ ups. Got some deal where it was 2 for $250 shipped, brand new when I was looking for new tops for my old EZs. They are complete with walls, pegs, carry/roll bag, etc. And yes the top is very water resistant.

13. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’ve had good luck finding EZ-UP deals on Amazon. No problems after the purchase on a warranty claim either.

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

looking for a replacement canopy, and second shelter, did we figure out if we get a wera discount, like we used to? Ski

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The most important thing I’ve found is the peak is vented. If not, they blow away like Mary Poppins, no matter the brand.

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I've noticed ezup.com has deals every so often. Right now it's 30% off, the highest I've seen. Anybody know if they ever do more?

malamute and Dave_SV like this.
  17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! Got a 10x20 for $850 shipped, talk about a deal

malamute and tiggen like this.
  18. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

After 2 Ez up's folding up because of wind picked up a Euromax from Costco had it shipped under 300$.
    https://www.costco.com/eurmax-10'-x-10'-instant-canopy-with-sidewalls.product.100295421.html
    down side it weighs a lot, they have a brace between poles to the center that keeps wind from the side pushing it in like the EZ did.

19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have a cheap one (Academy). After fully extending the legs to the tallest setting, I drilled holes in the legs that I hook my cam-buckle straps into for my tie downs. That way there is no stress pulling down on the canopy sections, especially the connectors that allow all of the folding mechanisms to work.

That's important, relating to both the downward pull of your tie downs and the force of lift from wind gusts. The thing I've seen destroy more EZ-ups than anything is using the canopy up top as takedown points. Drill holes and use the legs. I either use stakes or put it between my trailer and my truck and tie down to those. It ain't going anywhere.

20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Not sure I understand. Where on the legs are you drilling holes? Near the top, just under the canopy?