1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. :crackup:

2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

That one was cancelled. I have a prc match Saturday. Never shot prc so should be interesting.

sbk1198 likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Compared to 9 or 556 yeah, but around here it's 3-4x what it cost a year ago and not readily available

Photo and sbk1198 like this.
  4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Why did they cancel it? Not enough people signed up? Covid?

5. Everyone forgot their magazines.

sbk1198, redtailracing and Jedb like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The beebs NEVER forgets so count on it motherfucker !! :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

@Broome

Though I think the only difference is the slide is cut for a bigger red dot.

8. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Weather I think. It was still nasty is some spots down here.

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Article in AR this month about ammo. Pretty much along the lines of what everyone has been saying. They make mention of some more plants coming on line. But outlook for 2021 not great. I usually only shoot matches if lake and track weather are junk so I’ve got enough to make it through. Also have supplies to start loading 9. Never thought I’d load that round

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  11. Tristan

12. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I really don't know anything about the m&p mags. I bought CEINER from cdnn about 5 years ago when they were $8.99 . The mags from my Kel-tec plr22 work with the conversion kit. I only shoot bulk ammo and the kit seems to be pretty reliable.Brownells has a good video on taking the kit apart for cleaning.

13. Tristan

Maybe I'll get lucky and my 25 round mag for the Rossi RS-22 will fit. Though it sucks to load too, and the speed loader that came with it dents the damn ammo!

Photo likes this.
  14. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

The McFadden loader works pretty good. I think the other brand of magazine I use is black dog.I can't believe how much they went up in price(kit and magazines). I really like my kit and it has paid for it's self many times over.

15. sbk1198

Update on the Kimber 1911... @wsmc 589 was spot on with the extractor suggestion! It was too tight from the factory. After getting "youtube certified" on checking and adjusting extractor tension I loosened up the tension a bit, and cleaned/lubed again, then went to the range and fired 100 rounds through it. Only had 3 minor failures to feed (just a light tap on the back of the slide and it was good to go each time), and all 3 happened in the first 20-30 rounds. So not quite perfect yet, but a huge improvement from 1 out of every 4-5 shots before. I'll leave it as is for now, just keep it cleaned and lubed after every shooting session and I bet it'll be pretty damn reliable after another 100-200 rounds. I guess maybe Kimber's quality control isn't what it was before?

wsmc 589 likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If you have to tap it forward, maybe a guide rod spring that's one step up in stiffness, in order to pop it forward with more strength.

17. You know how some manufacturers will deliver the new gun with an empty brass and maybe even a little target, to illustrate QC?

I think that should be a thing for all of them.

Its good that you got it to work. But it is fucking ridiculous to pay $760 on something, and then have to do maintenance on it just so it will feed/fire.

Can you imagine buying a brand new car, but then before you can drive it you have to immediately change/flush all the fluids, put air in the tires, and change to a higher capacity battery?

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Got a brick of gold. Not my favorite primers but they’ll do and not on the list of bad lots from couple years back
    Traded one pound of h4350 for them
    [​IMG]

sbk1198 and DaveB like this.
  19. sbk1198

Agreed. Even some of the stuff I read on 1911 forums where people were saying "that's normal, keep shooting it and it'll work better after about 500 rounds". That's BS. That should not be normal. A gun should work perfectly fine when it's brand new. So many people buy guns for self defense and many don't go to the range much or barely ever to practice, meaning that they rely on a pretty much brand new gun to defend themselves with. Although I'm a big advocate for training, and I don't recommend anyone to have a gun just to have it, and never practice with it, I know that some people do that. It still needs to work right.

Not to mention the 1911 design is over 100 years old! How do you fuck up something that's been done and proven to work well for over a century??

Gorilla George likes this.