1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Haha awesome!! Welcome to the club.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'd love the market to suddenly get flooded with guns and find a sweet deal on a Benelli M4 or even an M3 if the price is right.

sbk1198 likes this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yes. Hornady and Prime (which I guess is basically Norma).

4. Haha. Yeah I went to the link and I was like “well fuck...they do look badass”.

It’s sad because the choice I made was dictated by what other shit they had available.

At the bottom of each model, it will say “Can only cowitness with ____ optic”. Then when you go to the optic page, there were only certain ones (or plates) in stock. So I had to open two tabs and go back and forth comparing which optics will work on which gun vs what plates and optics they had available.

5. I honestly don’t know how I missed that bus.

I play with stocks and try to track various markets etc. It never even fucking occurred to me to check gun/ammo stocks this whole time. [/facepalm]

6. sbk1198

I'm kicking myself a bit because I used to have stocks in Vista Outdoors (owner of Federal, CCI and a few other brands in the firearm industry), but it was pretty stable for the most part last year so I sold it. Then after that it started going up, and not it's up about 60% from where I sold it...

Ruger stock has done pretty well since the pandemic.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Local stores are still working out for me. Just scored some Hornady 6.8 120gr SST's which are unobtainium for $28 a box. They were on SGammo for 48.99 not long ago and only lasted a few hours. Also got some 6.5 federal 140 gr hunting round and some 22 mag all pre gouge pricing.

May have to grab a bit more of the SST's . I shoot quite a bit of it at the hogs.

8. I’m not seeing it much cheaper in local stores around here than online.

Defensive 9mm +/-$1, FMJ +/-$0.70.

When I buy a gun, I’ll grab 2-3 boxes (whatever the limit is in that particular store), just for the hell of it. But I won’t make a special trip there just to buy ammo.

I can get it for damn near the same price, with (usually) no purchase limit online.

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I heard some old Fudds complaining about another local store saying they wanted "80 bucks for one box of 243!" and "all these people hoarding" as they were buying up boxes. The store they were talking about is well known to be on the higher end on prices but it's in a part of town where you expect it.

I'm sitting pretty good on ammo now, could use a few more 10mm and assuming I get the primers on Saturday. I'll be in business

10. *Grabs several boxes of ammo*....

“Damn I wish hoarders would stop buying all the ammo”.

:crackup:

Sabre699 and sbk1198 like this.
  11. Now that I think about it, I haven’t shot a single round of .45ACP in almost 2 months.

All the guns and ammo I’ve bought (and shot) has been all 9mm. Which is odd considering I probably have 30% more .45 ammo than I do 9mm.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just ordered me a CMMG .22lr conversion kit for the AR with 3 mags. Now I just gotta find some .22 ammo...

13. Have you looked over the last 5-6 pages or so? I could be wrong but I’m almost positive someone posted a link to a good deal for some over the last couple of days.

I remember because I clicked on it thinking it was for 9mm.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I think that was for unplated LRN, I've got 4500 rounds of that crap...neither of my 22 semi-auto's like it. It'll last a LONG time in my revolver. I've got a few hundred of the good .22, but go thru at least 100 rounds per trip.

15. sbk1198

At least .22lr is still dirt cheap.

16. sbk1198

Some long ass minutes in TN....lol

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Believe it was here but guess what...??

https://www.natchezss.com/

18. I don’t wanna talk about it.

19. sbk1198

Because you loved it that much that you can't express it in words? Or because you were that disappointed with it? Can't imagine it's the latter because I haven't come across anyone yet that didn't like it.

20. Because I forgot the godamn magazines. [/facepalm]

I always pack my range bag the night before, and I had done that.

But I also always mark the bottom of the magazines with a white paint stick so I can easily identify and grab them.

They go in the range bag ass up. So I saw they weren’t marked. I took them out to mark them, and never put them back in.

Got to the range and was all fuck me.