1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

rather just take the money out and use it IRL....i realized there's a lot of work to do investing, if you really want to invest for short term gains. and meme's aren't the way...who woulda thunk

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I sold at .02 thinking the party was over. Made 500% return, but of course its back up today. I have moved on though. Keep an eye on it today, if you have it. Not sure where you got in but looks like its moving. up 34% right now.

motion likes this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And another big day for these 3

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, I'm still holding so it was a good day!

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry, dude. That sucks royally. I know the feeling, and it ain't good. I tossed away around $20K early last fall on TSLA losses.

BigBird likes this.
  6. notbostrom

How do you lose money on Tesla?

BigBird likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Clearly he sold too early.

Buncha paper hands around these parts :p

Phl218, BigBird and motion like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If you're me, you buy on the highs and emotionally sell on the lows. It lost 20% one day and I folded. Paper hands.

BigBird likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My Chainlink crypto and HCMC are doing well, but overall I'm wayyyyy down over the last 6 months. I think they may be my only 2 winners out of everything I've tried.

BigBird likes this.
  10. notbostrom

That's why I don't play these stupid penny stocks. Own good companies and sleep at night. I'm up 340% on Roku. Disney has doubled, Ford has doubled

BigBird, Boman Forklift, 418 and 2 others like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

That is me also. Another thing is that since this is all new, I listen to others more than I have researched. I stopped checking the HCMC account. That's my jix account, so I already counted that as all lost, and then that's it for that account.

HCMC I'm down...i bought $50 at .0016, sold that at .0026 and bought like $800 at like .0046

obviously, VR46 hasn't worked his magic yet on this stock

motion likes this.
  12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought it was a loss whether you sold or not. At least according to some here.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Ironically, GME and AMC are the only ones that are doing well for me in a sea of red. TLRY can go fuck itself, or should i say, i should go fuck myself for buying into the weed hype.

If your in CCIV, get ready for a blood bath. Their stocks being going up hard on rumos of a a merger with Lucid Motors. Well, they confirmed it today, and the way the merger shakes out, the stock is worth around $15 dollars. So its been plummeting from high of $62 since closing. Im gonna hate myself tomorrow.

So whats opposite of Midas Touch? Cuz i fucking got it....lol

BigBird likes this.
  14. notbostrom

It was, followed by a gain

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very complex concept. You gotta mama-bird it to them. :D

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its a bloodbath out there today. I need a glass of wine.

Rebel635 and BigBird like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow Bitcoin was in the 53’s as I left for work and is down to 46k

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You should buy the weed hype, just not in the short term, just buy it and sit on it probably for a few years.

Rebel635 likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

i mean if they allow canadian weed here, then yeah. if not, then why?

not sure we'll go from no weed to let's bring the weed from everywhere anytime soon, if ever.

sanee likes this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't own tilery stock, I was more speaking in general about that industry. But I wouldn't doubt they could import it for medical reasons at some point or that they won't set up places in the us.