1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

i've moved on from hurt to laughing...

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I’ve stayed the laughing course from day one :D

BigBird likes this.
  3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I haven’t bought in yet because I still need to do more research, but it’s high on my list. At a glance they seem like a great company that went public for the right reasons, and people LOVE their products.

4. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet, but ONEOK has done pretty good for me. I bought in just after the covid stuff started and their stock has rebounded great since and they pay a nice dividend.

jrsamples likes this.
  5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Yea. I like that the CFO had been there since 2013 to. Not often do they stick around that long. Products are better then Logitech in my opinion to. Would be a long holding investment.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

want to know of one of the things wrong currently? you have all these rando chinese companies, that seem to be pump and dumps. look at EBON. Company name Ebang.
    https://www.ebang.co/

They put blockchain in their description, but they really sell mining computers....Does that look like a $1.5B company?

They have been what looked like Chinese insurance sales offices, not actually insurance companies going public here. Very fishy stuff. Some of them are HQ in China, but registered in the Cayman, so as always, do your DD (due diligence)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've got a hot tip on a great investment. $75 buy in, potential for great returns. You don't even have to be good at picking stocks to have a shot either......:D Details can be found here

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

as soon as a company invents a mining rig that's also a household water heater, i'm buying their stock.

sdiver and BigBird like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

this and the football league are the only things i've won money on, and that one night in blackjack.

other than that....i'm sure to lose.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Last year was the only year I've ever won any money in any pool I've ever participated in. I've been a donator for many, many years lol.

Edit: Not true, A hockey pool I used to be in used to give $5 for last place so you could at least buy yourself a beer for being the shitiest team picker that year. I won that once :D.

BigBird likes this.
  11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

hot dangit.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You couldn't have done any worse than my VPER buy in. Good grief.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know you're a much higher tax bracket than I, but I just sold almost all my GME at a $4k loss...so there's that. which probably feels the same =(

and i'm sure GME will hit $500 by the end of week now, so for the rest of you... you're welcome

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Why'd you sell, why not just sit on it for a while ?

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Or your Tesla can mine while charging lol

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Anyone know what a mining rig costs at a minimum?

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  19. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

In '17 I built a few for $3-$4K each. That was back when you could build them with 6 GPUs and still mine Ethereum or Zcash effectively. Antminer has the newer style miners and last I checked they were in a similar price range but when I looked at their lead time to ship/deliver a miner and how quickly the necessary hash rate to mine effectively was going up, I decided not to buy/build another. It was cool for a minute, but I'm done.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You need GPU cards. If you want to go with top of the line, you are looking at $2K per card.
    Most casual rigs are 4-8 cards. $8K to $16K now.

If you want to be profitable, you need a really low cost of power.

Calculator. Currently set for Etherium, but you can change to Bitcoin or whatever.
    https://www.cryptocompare.com/minin...nsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

BigBird likes this.