1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 1993 VFR750

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by StanTheMan, Feb 10, 2021.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

The east coast one is cheap but there are multiple reasons why. No key, fuel pump inoperative, two big divots on the bodywork. Still might get it for parts. Just spoke to SF guy. He’s going to send photos and video when he gets home. Thanks for helping me. If either goes through I’ll send you the cash.

2. SpeedOfSound

SpeedOfSound Active Member

Appreciated. Will let you know anything else I find.

3. SpeedOfSound

SpeedOfSound Active Member

I didn’t know about the key, but even still, with the insanely cheap sale price on a fairly well kept, low mileage, clean title example and the relatively small cost to get a key made, a new fuel pump and address the bodywork it really seems like an absolute bargain.. a few hundred dollars and a few hours of labor is all she needs. Less than the cost of shipping the other from SF.

4. StanTheMan

True. Just something about the Virginia guy was sketch on the phone. May still buy the bike but the more he talked the more red flags he raised. But we’ll see. Whichever one I end up with, I’ll send you the referral fee. Promise

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Thats 80K miles and grossly overpriced.

AD02DCD6-D90D-4D16-B2B3-A1DF6199658F.jpg

6. StanTheMan

Wow! Good catch! I didn’t catch that and you’re right. His asking price is too high for that mileage.

ducnut likes this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Take your time finding one. Nice, clean examples do pop up, from time to time. I checked with an owner I know who has a few 3rd Gen bikes, including a mint Casper, but, he’s not selling. I’d suggest joining VFR Discussion, VFR World, and all the VFR FB groups/buy-sell pages you can find. I’ll keep my eyes open, as well. The right bike is out there.

8. PHILJ

PHILJ Active Member

Iconic motorbikes

9. PHILJ

PHILJ Active Member

9 miles on bike
    Wants $10k
    Why not ?

10. PHILJ

PHILJ Active Member

Ohh!
    A 93
    Sorry
    Nice bike though

11. StanTheMan

I’m still looking. If any of you see one, please let me know. Thanks!

12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Cause the white 93 came with the super special kickstand fairing. That alone is worth an extra grand. :cool:
    The 8 spoke is cool too.

Jon Wilkens and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  14. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

OK kool indeed. No familiar at wall with that couch ! :p

15. StanTheMan

Ask your owner friend how firmly he’s a no-sale. I’d be willing to offer semi-stupid money for a pristine example. The California example on this thread has already sold. Who knew this particular year model and color would become so popular? Geez!

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Haha. Someone else, here, messaged him about this thread. He’s out. However, he’d be the right person to buy from, as he’s fairly known for his wrenching skills on V4 Hondas. He has two RC30s, an RC45, several VFRs across the generations, etc. Out of respect for his privacy, I’ll share a pic he has publicly posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    Seiko likes this.
  17. StanTheMan

I’ve got wood! <snicker>

18. StanTheMan

check your pm’s please.

ducnut likes this.
  19. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

A vfr just got listed on ebay

20. StanTheMan

I see a Red 1991 model, but the ad says the left fairing will need to be replaced. Really hard to find bodywork for a bike that old. I’m really Jones’n for a white 93 model. Thanks for the alert though!