1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 GSXR 750 question about 320 mm rotors

Discussion in 'Tech' started by "0perator", Feb 1, 2021.

1. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

It does seem awful expensive. I need to measure the thickness. One rotor is starting to wiggle at the rivets. I have some time but they will need to be changed. Upgrading the system sounds more appealing vs. price. Im running. Oversized rotor might be over kill but if Im going to spend alot replacing them. I might as well put something that helps performance.

2. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Thats the suck part about brakes...so many different options between master cylinder bores and ratios and brake pads. Just have to spend the money and try different combos.

I have Braktech iron rotors and run Ferodo Cpro's. I like the combo....Maybe give them a try, you might like them better.

JCW likes this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, bigger rotors= more rotating mass which is never good. Do you really want a heavier feeling front end?

"0perator" and racepro171 like this.
  4. Dave675

I haven't messed with over size rotors, but maybe theirs are a touch bigger than 320mm. Personally, I would get a longer bolt if I added 5+mm of spacer.

You could just get 1mm washers and start stacking them up until you found exactly what is needed and then have the spacers made.

The axxis/iron rotors are worth the money. Problem with them is they'll surface rust, so they can be a pain to deal with.

Like mentioned above, it would be easier to keep it stock and do some upgrades.

I like spiegler lines and they give racers a discount if you ask for it. I've ordered many custom lines from them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  5. Dave675

Would be a good excuse to upgrade the wheels next :)

"0perator" and gapman789 like this.
  6. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

turning will be impacted, some can notice that, some cant, if you cant notice minor changes in you set ups. put the money into track time.

"0perator" and TurboBlew like this.
  7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Braketech sells their iron rotors in 310mm as well. Thats what I went with since I wasn't looking for a lot more stopping power at this point but a different feel.

8. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

Finally! Not at work. Will be checking the rotor thickness today. Thanks guys for the advice.

9. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

On my 2009 750 I have an Accossato 19x18 master with R6 calipers, Motul fluid, Vesrah pads on stock rotors. The combination provides very good feel for brake pressure and has plenty of power.

"0perator" likes this.
  10. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

Well called to work before I could measure. The more I think about dropping 900 plus dollars on rotors and pads for this...thats alot of track time. I know its in alot of threads about R6. I like the setup gapman789 mentioned. What year calipers would be needed from the R6 and spacer size?

11. gapman789

It's bad juju to put Yamaha anything on a Suzuki. js :)

"0perator" likes this.
  12. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

13. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

Haaaaha yeah thats the first thing I will think when something breaks, strips, or flies off.

14. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

TWF2 was right! The caliper pins were missing. I ended up getting EBC Prolite with RJL Vesrah pads. I remember how we were talking about it I removed the caliper back off to look and I said Fu€k! Missing. On order.

15. "0perator"

"0perator" Member

You were right! The damn caliper pins were not there. Explains the uneven pads.

16. gapman789

Many/most bikes don't have the caliper dowels. You need to center the wheel. Not having the dowels doesn't cause pads to wear unevenly....Not properly installing and centering the front wheel with the calipers is the problem.

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info you posted here. I just finished rebuilding my 09-11 GSXR 1000 monoblocks. I have 5mm spacers and went with the Galfer GP lines. Gonna be paired with a Brembo 19x18 MC. And my EBC GPFAX pads will swap right over! :bow: