1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big storm / cold front

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, you are definitely having a worse go of it then them. I think I would be out sleeping by the fireplace in a sleeping bag vs. 30 degree bedroom, but I really hate cold weather. :D

Are you guys still poop scooping out there during this weather and if so, how have the roads been in your area.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just missed out on the worst of it but I did get my first snow day in at least 30 years. My daughter brought her goofy dogs and knucklehead friends over for some back yard sledding and drinking.
    They're all heading to Montana next Tuesday to ski, so they need to toughen up:D

[​IMG]screen shot on windows
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Razr, KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

44 degrees in Boston yesterday. All snow from previous storms is melted.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

1200 miles north of here and 10 degrees warmer ?? Shit... A crackup.gif

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

-2 here this morning, a little NW of cincinnati....The bigger problem is me getting to Accident, MD to pick up a new bike. They're gonna get a foot of snow from midnight tonight til 6 am friday morning. Of course the dealership is closed on Sunday and I go back to work on Monday. crap

6. Boman Forklift

It's not like you were going to get to ride that streetbike anyway, until the weather gets better.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Especially heading to a place named Accident. :eek:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A balmy 8 below on the way in to work this morning. Supposed to be 30 and sunny for the 3 hour steel shoe ice race this weekend. T-shirt weather at this point

5axis likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No poop scoopin since Saturday. I'm guessing it will be Saturday at best before we get back to it. I went out to try and get a couple of spare grill propane tanks and the major roads are reasonably good, but the residential streets are no-go.

Me and the missus and the dog are going to be OK. I'm just really concerned about the millions of people without the resources, resourcefulness, foresight and wherewithal to prepare and adjust on the fly like I have.

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Dang. Here in Tulsa washers and dryers are often in the garage, at least in 1950s-era houses like mine. I don't know about the drain hose being frozen on the washer, but the inlet hoses are definitely both frozen on ours. I wasn't too surprised since according to my car the garage has gotten down to around 20 for the last few nights. Heck, it has been below freezing for about a week here, which is apparently approaching some kind of record.

But, it is supposed to be back above freezing on Friday, and the current 7-day forecast is showing temps in the 50s next week, so it'll be back to normal pretty soon.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If they can do laundry...they have power...so do they have an electric blanket or a tire warmer to wrap around the pipe to melt the water inside to maybe to get it to drain?

12. StaccatoFan

IF things get bad you could boil the water on your gas BBQ grill.

13. StaccatoFan

keep your faucets at a low/slow trickle...moving water cannot freeze.

14. auminer

Oh?

[​IMG]

Rebel635, Sabre699 and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. StaccatoFan

It'll maybe buy you a little more than not having the water moving. Frozen pipes that burst....just not fun.

16. Boman Forklift

:DLOL, this is my daughter and her boyfriend. He isn't a racer like my son or me. I do have tire warmers here in California, but the frozen pipe was in the wall with no warmer access. @ChemGuy, great suggestion, the hair dryer worked and he said it only took about 5 minutes.

socalrider, ChemGuy and Phl218 like this.
  17. auminer

My wife says I'm a dumbass... What y'all think?

I think it'll work...

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69, Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

19. Boman Forklift

Going with your wife on this one.

Reminds me of the time we went sking here in California and met friends at the hotel. Unlike the midwest, if you get any snow in the mountains is S. Cal they make you put on chains on. Our friend shows up with chains on the rear wheels of his front wheel drive car or on the front wheels of his rear drive car, I can't remember. I do remember after seeing it, I went and helped him move them and it worked much better. LOL

Razr and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You should let her make the decisions from now on:D