1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Hyperdyne, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Schedule is posted and looks like we have quite a bit of activity. The real question is, how many new teams are going to to have a go and how many old teams will be returning?

We'll have one team from the Indy area for certain with a potential second. Both Middleweight.

2. HMBAtrail

HMBAtrail Active Member

Indy area here as well. Contemplating Nelson and PIR endurance races. A team of two of us running in the Super Lightweight class. Been racing for several years in AHRMA but this will be my first endurance race that wasn't on a mountain bike.

Rising Sun likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

oh nice! Are you guys on the north side of Indy?

4. HMBAtrail

HMBAtrail Active Member

Yessir. We are both in Broad Ripple. Pat has an R3 and I have a KTM RC390. I also have a 69 Ducati 350 and 71 Ducati 450 I race in AHRMA.

5. Hyperdyne

I'm in Avon and the rest of the guys acre in Hamilton County. We'll look forward to seeing you guys out there!

6. HMBAtrail

HMBAtrail Active Member

You too! I'm #317

7. Hyperdyne

LOL.. One of my guys used to wear #812. :D

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hoping to hit 2 or 3 rounds (PittRace, Summit and Nelson). A lot depends on work schedule which got all upturned now that we are administering the Covid vax (it’s all hands on deck).

Did PittRace last year to pop the cherry. HWT class. No, we are not a threat to ANYONE. We’ll just try to stay out of the way.
    :D

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

LWT veterans returning - planning for the whole calendar.

JBall and exracer941 like this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I know of one new team consisting of David Brown with his sons Reese and Chase on sv650.

JJJerry likes this.
  11. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

I'm Bret and my team mate is Brian @CleverRiver6 , we will be running #504 as "B Fast Racing" on our Ninja 400 for the entire ULW series. We did our first endurance race at Pitt last year with WERA on another friend's 400 and enjoyed it so much we built a dedicated bike over winter to do more.

Attached Files:

12. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Has there been consideration given to separate classes for the 300's and 400's in ULWT? Still running together obviously. Fairly large gap in performance.

13. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

I don't think there were enough bikes for that last year. Would be a good thing if there are enough this year, but I don't think anyone will know until the first race or two.

Several years ago in the ULW class CCS combined all amateurs and experts in the races, but gave a Top Amateur trophy, so as an amateur you got to race for the overall, but also get some honors in case all the fast experts showed up. I could see offering a "Top 300" trophy with no points attached to it, so if the 400s do fill up the grid and prove so dominant, at least the 300s and R3s have something to fight over.

exracer941 likes this.
  14. exracer941

Yup. Was only 7-10 bikes last year. But already I can see 15 plus bikes in ULWt based on the interest and scuttlebutt.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interest and scuttlebutt seems to never actually turn into race entries :crackup:

16. exracer941

Hah! That made my day.

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Some of the hwt team rosters are quite impressive. Hold your line folks...

JJJerry, JBall and pjzocc like this.
  18. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

I’ve been passed so close by the AOD fellas i felt like they should have taken me out on a date.

rcarson15, JJJerry and JBall like this.
  19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is there a list of compiling teams for this season?

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Looks like Blake, Daimen and Jackson are on a sv650 for the entire series