1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starlane CORSARO-R vs Aim Solo 2 DL

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gravisman, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

Looking to get a lap timer and data logger - thoughts between these two?

Also, does anyone have any experience using either of these in conjunction with an aRacer RC Super 2 ECU? I found documentation on AIM's website claiming it could talk to the aRacer CAN bus, but looks like I have to construct my own connection cable, which would be a new experience. A salesperson at MotoD told me Starlane has an aRacer connection cable, but I haven't been able to find any information about that online.

2. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

I’m a big fan of all things Starlane. They do offer a connection. I’d contact them directly with any questions. They respond quickly and will provide the necessary links for what you’re after.

3. Gravisman

I actually did contact Starlane a while back. They told me "I'm sorry but no, we don't have a direct solution for that ECU." So, shrug. In any case, I went ahead and bought a Solo 2 DL and successfully constructed a cable using AIM's documentation, so I can verify it works.

4. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

Sorry for the bad if man. You made the cable on your own?

5. Gravisman

Yeah. I got unterminated CAN cable from AIM and terminated it with an 090 Furukawa connector from http://www.cycleterminal.com, which matches the aRacer ECU connector.