1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I mean, how else can you explain this insanity? Free money does strange things to people :)

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

OK, what's really driving down GME this morning?

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

so you haven't done your reading i see.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sure, but who knows what the guy behind the curtain can really accomplish?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

the volume is very low. what's happening right now, is the hedge funds are trading amongst themselves trying to bring the price lower, and hopefully get some nervous investors to sell their shares to them at a low price.

if everyone holds up and doesn't sell, then the share price will go back up.

thrak410 likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That was my guess as well. The all powerful Oz at work.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

diamond Hands ;)

Knotcher, BHP41 and BigBird like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

that's the problem....the hedge funds always doing back handed things without anyone knowing. this time they got caught out, and let's see what's the outcome.

My hope is for big change and transparency. (i know, i live in a fantasy world.) what will actually happen is that retail investors will have access to much less is my guess

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah the avg. volume # on Friday was like 112million (thats an all time number, so it includes previous years)... the volume today is still under 30mil... Friday I think it got over 50mil, but still not even half of normal.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

free tendies

upload_2021-2-1_13-44-23.png

rice r0cket likes this.
  11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So, anybody got any guesses when the price of physical silver will be anything close to the fake spot price? There's no way in hell anybody is picking up silver for $29.00 and change. Can't get any from the regular brokers and if you want to buy on the Bay you're mostly looking at north of $40.00/oz...

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

welcome to diversion tactics by Citadel

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Spreads on physical bullion have always been ridiculous. $1 over spot at best, then only when the spot has been rangebound very tight for a few months.

$2 up and $2 down are very common in normal times... 4 under is a normal pawn bid. I think there's a Florida pawn shop owner here, I forget who. @Quicktoy, maybe? Perhaps he can put in his 2 cents?

So, to answer the question, never.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, I know there's always a spread but I've never seen physical around $15.00 + higher than paper.

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._data_out_they_dont_have_shares_to_settle_so/

Wow...

16. auminer

Interesting all the posts saying that the silver squeeze efforts are bogus.

Divide and conquer, sow seeds of mistrust... Where have I seen this before....? :rolleyes:

pscook, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Citadel own 60+ % of $SLV, so yeah....it definitely could be a deflection of effort.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. auminer

I have some proof state quarters and '82 Washington halves I'd let go of at 40 an ounce silver weight!

20. auminer

OH for fucks sake.

Citadel owns less than 1% of SLV.

3.1 Million shares out of the 333 million outstanding.

It's these false facts that make things like this blow up on misinformed people's faces.

BigBird likes this.