1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fzr carb kits

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by shift96, Jan 27, 2021.

1. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Seems like the OEM float needles and seats for FZR400 are no longer available. Partzilla has them backordered with no date. Any equivalents to use?

2. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

3CF-14107-12-00, not available? hmmm, i just got 4 a few weeks ago for my 400 along with a couple of other oem carb parts. i can check availability again tomorrow when i get to the shop.

3. shift96

That would be great thx. Maybe they are just back ordered. Get them from partzilla?

4. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

from yamaha

5. shift96

Can you post a link where? Thx

6. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

i don't have a link to give, per se.

actually any yamaha dealership parts dept can give details and availablility of a part through their reporting system, which can potentially show either what warehouse, or dealership, may have the part you are wanting. in the case of the 400 needle and seat set, at this time, zero quantities are in a stateside warehouse and no quantities are shown being reported as in stock at any particular stateside dealer. the part has not been discontinued, and there are quantities in japan. if you did order from your yamaha dealer of choice, it would be on back order, then an estimated ship date can soon be had. i guess i timed my purchase just right!

as an example: we recently had to order replacement bars for a roadliner repair, none in the usa, part not discontinued, quantities showed in japan, order placed, part on back order, part shipped, eta given, part arrived in approx a month, two weeks before the eta given.

i get most, if not all, of my oem available yamaha parts (vintage dirt bikes {mx's and yz's}, my fz's and fzr's and my modern yz's and yzf's) from where i work, or, for you, your typical yamaha dealership parts dept.

i guess what i'm saying is: give your local yamaha dealer a shot! if their parts dept is willing, you would be surprised how helpful they can be!

sorry for the delay in reply, long post and little assistance in actually getting you float valves.

Pepsi Drinker likes this.
  7. shift96

No worries on the delay and thank you for all the info