1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying to get to NC but I had a retina repair last week and waiting on docs ok
    Deer season was a bust this year but some night hunting will put that all behind me.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So what is this polish ak74 worth you think?

Attached Files:

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I usually go on GB and look at completed sales. Right now it’s a sellers market but o also don’t put any worth in what someone is asking. Some will throw out a huge number hoping to get lucky but completed sales is true market value. Good luck

4. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Good day to check zero’s. Ran my radar and wasn’t happy with my .260 deviation. Got better once the rifle heated up. I might have to learn to hand load. E39336FE-D4A0-4446-B6C9-F2B51F3190F1.jpeg

5. wsmc 589

Not sure why that pic is sideways...???

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

backed that hitch into a berm?

7. animal

animal Well-Known Member

Funny you mention Hog problems / hunting in Texas.
    We got a complaint at work on a Toyota Tundra not being able to turn off the headlamps at night and it was making it hard for him to shoot hogs from his truck.
    Most of the educated engineer thought is was a joke but I told them that they have hog problems in Texas and it is legal to shoot them.
    It turns out some Toyota owners hunt at night and are afraid of getting out of the truck and getting run down by the big hogs, so they stay in there trucks and shoot hogs.
    Guess I need to add 'shoot hog while sitting on a heated leather seat in a pickup truck' to my bucket list. Maybe this is why everyone is moving to Texas....

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I've shot four from my Toyota highlander this year. The lights not going off is annoying but you can get green tint sheets and stick them over if you are that worried about it. Usually just the running lights doesn't bother them that much. Their vision isn't the greatest.

just a side note.Hogs really aren't that aggressive. Once they realize a human in around, they bolt. Just after Christmas, I was on all fours crawling to a group of them in the middle of a green field. One spotted me and I knew it would be curious so I got up on all fours a little higher to look more like a hog. It started my way and would stop every couple yards or so until it decided something was up. That's when I high five'd it with a 270 and a couple of other of it's friends. But all these internet people talking about hogs charging are likely trying to justify the want to carry a side arm so they can feel tacticool.

animal likes this.
  9. Ive never in my life bought remanufactured ammo. But it is amazing how short ammo is everywhere. Defensive 9mm is going for $1.20+/round, and .45 is going for $2/round. So anyway, yesterday I was bored and looking around and found a "deal" on some reman ammo. I bought 1000 rounds just to try it out.

What has been y'alls experience with it?

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

all the import ak's are super pricey now and will only get pricier once a ban on import rifles happens. The 74's are usually a few bucks more to the 47's. Get it if you dont have a 74

11. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I've used Freedom Munitions and Defender Ammunition reman over the past few years. Never had any issues that I recall. I did pickup some reloads from a local shop that had a few hard primers. Wouldn't fire in my CZ, but worked in Glock.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've used Lake City once fired brass in 7.62x51 with no issue but's that it. I'm good with it as long as it's a reputable company. But hell, there's some factory new ammo out there that I won't touch (Magtech and Remington come to mind). Just depends on who's making it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Price probably will go up, but... legislation could also make it very difficult to sell.

14. wsmc 589

Dragged it going up.

15. assjuice cyrus

I grabbed it. I dont think I over paid, but was just curious. I was will to pay the price he was asking so if I did no biggie. Still a cool pc I think. I gave $750 out the door.

16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

score!!

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I loaded up some hot sig v-crowns last night. Think it cost me around 20 or so cents a round. :D

18. assjuice cyrus

I also grabbed the ar beside it in the pic thats been chambered to 9mm for 599. Just an Anderson lower but what the heck...

19. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

No personal experience with it but from friends that shoot it seems like it just depends on who you get it from. Once fired seems to be fine if you have somebody that knows what they are doing.

My question is, where did you find 1,000 rounds?