1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll say this, there aren't many people that intimidate me, but this guy just has a look in his eye like he's seen shit that he isn't telling. He's been great when around us and treats my son fantastic, but I get the feeling that if somebody did him wrong, that person would just disappear without a trace. He's even got that wirey look like Bulger. And he payed minor league in Montreal in the late 70's, so he can definitely take a hit.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup: He's probably just a seasoned guy from Southie. Happy New Year...:beer:

3. rd400racer

Have a great New Year yourself. Less than two weeks to puck drop!

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Y’all are watching IIHL, right? USA vs SVK tomorrow night

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

US really took advantage of soft gaps and shitty goaltending by Sweden. I’d love to see Canada vs. US final.

worthless likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Caught the USA vs Finland game today. Wow. Finns moved the puck extremely well on the power play but the Mericans eeked out a win.

Ive been rooting the the Ruskies to see the old style hockey Igor Larianov was supposed to bring back but it hasnt quite materialized. I guess because they werent in isolated training camps for 11 months out of the year.

I know they arent contenders but the Czech team has caught my adoration for their nitty gritty play.

8. worthless

Championship game between US and Canada is on now

9. worthless

A little sloppy at times but great win for the good guys

rd400racer likes this.
  10. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Absolutely! What a tilt and a win. Shutting down a Canadian team with 19 first round picks is impressive. Wow. USA

worthless and rd400racer like this.
  11. rd400racer

It's go time boys!

I'm ready

[​IMG]

tl1098, PPPope and lee955i like this.
  12. worthless

Go Flyers! Eastern division has the easiest travel of all divisions. All games will be in eastern time zone so no late games. And we won’t have to hear the Canadian national anthem before a game until all star and Stanley Cup! :D

rd400racer likes this.
  13. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Same thing goes for the Canadian division. No USA anthem before any of the games! :beer::crackup:

worthless likes this.
  14. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

As a guy who played his junior hockey for an American team in a Canadian league, I enjoyed hearing them both!

casjoker and TSC_113 like this.
  15. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

The real problem was when I got traded to a Canadian team and tried to hang a small US flag in my stall :)

casjoker likes this.
  16. Ducti89

Are they seriously not playing anthems??

17. Ducti89

When did you play juniors?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That means he's most likely not a guy to f@ck with if he's a real Southie. How in the holy hell did he become a Ranger's fan though? That would get you run out of town up until the 2000s. :D

Usually they are nice until it's time to not be. :cool:

rd400racer likes this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Heard a rumor last night in the locker room that Toews has epilepsy

20. worthless

Since there won't be any US vs Canada games until All Star (if they have one) or Stanley Cup (if a Canadian team makes it), only 1 anthem is being played before the game.