1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airline Tickets, What to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Smilodon, Jan 13, 2021.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

If I were you, I would call airlines to extend or cancel for refund. They are pretty lenient now. If it were me... I would wait until things open up a bit to ensure I get full joy out of my trip and not deal with lockdowns and closed restaurants everywhere.

Being a world traveler also, Switzerland was meh, unless you like horse meat and watches. Riding from Baveria Germany through Austria and down into Tuscany Italy was the most breathtaking scenery and nice FAST roads I have ever been on. Weather permitting of course.

See that you are in Florida, Hawaii wouldnt make much sense as its a more expensive version. Save your credits and have a really good trip in 6 months with the family. Malaysia is also pretty fun and your dollar goes far there. Malaysia GP is also a great vibe and cheap. Safe, friendly, good food. My wife and son loved it there. More motorbikes then cars, like everywhere else in Asia.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Mid 80's in SoCal starting tomorrow. :Poke:

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I know right! "I remember Winter... It was on a Tuesday"...

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

maybe. Maybe......Noooott???

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hahahahaha

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's crazy! I've been in south OC for 35 years full or part time and overall, its just too cold for me. Nice weather for Jan tho.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that why you moved to that warm climate in Montana?:crackup:

motion likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It was warmer here this morning than it was in Dana Point :)

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well I just looked for Red Lodge and you are at 36F dropping to 27F with a high tomorrow of 33.

Dana point is at 67F and dropping to 52F and high tomorrow of 72.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My wife told me earlier, and I believed her. It was like 50 her earlier today.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When are you 2 coming up for skiing?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Fire weather forecasts in mid-January, baby.

Well then, move to Southern Montana.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Columbia or Mexico. A friend is mine spent 3 weeks in different areas of Columbia and he said it was great

14. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

My daughter and her boyfriend are in Bora Bora right now. Don’t know what the Covid hoops are like, but they seem to be having a great time.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: the boss got 4 last weekend from a local bakery, didn't even suggest that I could have one...

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not talking average bakery here. Those were sourced from a fine establishment. The kind you might do unnatural acts for.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I understand, hell your average ones are going to be on par with the best in the entire US. Just made me think of it and her reaction to them. She bought some at WalMart yesterday, bet the last one goes stale and gets thrown away :crackup:

I may have to try making them some day, I just don't eat much bread and I can't make small batches of anything.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There was this "chain" bakery in the upper part of the Basel SBB train station where I'd always stop while waiting for my next train. Yeah, it was in the swiss side but it was served by a french bakery and the people were french. I'd get a a croissant, a mini baguette for arrival in German (where I'd get something to put in it).

The Croissant I'd have with an espresso and a gauloises or two. Man, if you didn't get bonered up after that you were dead. :crackup:

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We really liked this one in Carcassonne. I believe it had chocolate. So yummy.

DSC00365.JPG

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's a pain au chocolat (called chocolatine in some regions). Different animal. But a great one is also a fantastic treat.

motion likes this.