1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airline Tickets, What to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Smilodon, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sounds better then the places I go to when I traveled to Brazil. :D

I didn't care for Rio but you probably stayed at much nicer places then I did and you were there for fun. :D

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rio is a bit gritty, but I think its probably the most beautiful natural city on the planet. For sure I wouldn't stay in Sao Paulo or in Rio near the airport. Not sure where you stay.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This man knows whats good.

Brazil has a lot of cases but its pretty damn open for what it is.
    A few months ago my friend was telling me bars were closed for dine in, but open for take out. It just happened they had tables outside and their online ordering was down, so you had to pay in person. Meaning you sit outside, drink, eat, and pay when leaving....

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Guam? And from there you can hop around to a few different out of the way islands and do some incredible diving.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Thanks, I hope I eventually get the chance to take you up on that. Yeah, this was (originally) a big "milestone" vacation for us, and riding around on a bike was a big part of that. But, like our IOM trips, it was partly a scouting operation for coming back on our own later. In fact, we were staying an extra week on our own after the bike tour.

Hawaii was off of the radar, but might look into that. I'm in Florida, and while I know it's not Hawaii, the terms "beach" and "warm" are not all that unfamiliar to me. "Snowmobile" however...:)

Miami is about as far as the airport is from me, so doesn't really work. :p

motion likes this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Never thought of Guam, but it looks like they are still closed to visitors...

http://dphss.guam.gov/quarantine/

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah that's what my intel is saying, as well. Seems like mask-wearing is pretty lax, too. People are wearing them, but often down around the chin. Everything appears to be open.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't know if you've been to Hawaii, but it really is paradise. Pricey, though.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Turkey can be pretty awesome too.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

@motion , I didn't tell you about a croissant (well, a couple) I had about a week ago. No words. That shit would get you in an airplane just to eat breakfast. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Niiiiiiice... they are an art form. Damnit, 14 months since I've been in Europe.

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Alaska, even over Hawaii!

Beautiful!

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Vietnam is lovely all around. Unspoiled, lovely people, friendly, safe, great food. Really hard to beat. My dream is to fly my 2 sons and my father in law to Saigon, buy 4 beater motorbikes and ride them to Hanoi.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh hell no! Only place I would not even fly into and change planes in.

Tried robbing me in the f@ckin' Hotel instead of at least waiting until I went outside! :crackup:

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Damn! Never had a problem there, although they tried to kidnap my wife. I want to ride my motorbike across the country.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's where I started ordering my Heineken with no glass and I'll open it myself at the table/ seat. It's a habit that I still stick with.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's a minor in convenience.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, you stinky cheese eaters can really do up baked goods.

and your smokes are awesome. :D

I'm hungry now.

20. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Having know people that have done that, it's better to go north to south.

All the south to north people are dumping their bikes in Hanoi, so picking one up is cheap and easy