1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

A World Moto2 rider/bike/team is just as fast as a MA SBK around COTA. A national Moto2 rider/bike would be slower. So that's a tough comparison. The results below show a diff story.

The GP2 bikes rarely win
    https://www.britishsuperbike.com/media/925367/supersport-classification-r2.pdf
    https://www.britishsuperbike.com/media/999381/supersport-classification-2.pdf

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

stangmx13 likes this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

4. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

The 890R is out. The local KTM rep and I went riding last spring and swapped bikes for a bit. That thing is proper fast, has top tier electronics, brakes, and most impressively is extremely light for its size.

5. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Why exactly would the 890R be out if the Panigale 959 is allowed?

890R vs Pani:

105hp vs 130hp - when compared stock.

Components and electronics are similar to both bikes and the pani is heavier but in race trim it would be much closer.

6. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant "out" like it has been released already.

Newyork, turbulence and younglion like this.
  7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

By out i meam available. Ive seen the 890s making 119ish stock.

Edit: i would run one in MW/600 class if allowed. That bike is a serious weapon.

8. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

My 890R was 113hp, my buddy has one with a Yosh slip on and dyno tune - 112rwhp. But....

My 890R was from the first batch released to NA last year - 500 in total and were notably stronger than the current and second release 890's - KTM de-tuned all 890's after the previous batch and any initial 890R that goes into the dealer for a diagnostic will be retrofitted with the current less powerful ecu mapping. My riding pal bought his months later and was from batch #2 - riding together we could both tell mine was stronger until he got his tuned and added a slipon.

If you go to Evans and Troys site they tested a press release spec model last Spring and it was the same initial ecu spec bike and read nice and strong on their in house dyno - 116hp or something. Subsequent bikes are roughly 6-8 ponies less with the new software. Most reports have them at 104-107 stock now.

Full system, proper tune - these could easily be 117-120hp IMO and 70ft lbs so yeah - an overdog against a 599cc I-4 machine indeed power wise but chassis, geometry, etc.... there is no data or resources and aftermarket race parts are non-existent in comparison.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I hope that means he’s getting a ride with Celtic and not “yea hopefully PJ finds some type of ride this year.”

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  10. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

The winky face makes me think Celtic.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Isn't it about time for some teams to start announcing their plans and line-ups? All we know so far is Attack has Gagne and Herrin, Westby has Scholtz and Aguilar is going SBK. We also have a couple of Twins riders announced and a couple of Ninja 400 riders. Has anything else been confirmed? When is M4 going to say something, what about Schiebe? Has Kyle Wyman made anything official? What about all the SSTK 1000 teams and riders? Altus? Alexander? If these teams and MA want to keep the fans interested, they need to tell us what is going on. More baggers doesn't do it for me!

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think they have until February to "officially register" with MA, we didnt see B. Fong get announced last year until February 4th, Herrin got announced Feb 24th for BMW so I suppose it will all start to filter out within the next month.

Circacee likes this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Alexandar got a new ZX10R so I assume he will continue on Stock1000 with it.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I saw a video of Michael Gilbert and Corey on ZX10's so it looks like both of them are coming back.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

They were RIPPING on those stockers at Chuckwalla.

16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Mesa got a new zx10 also

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Then why haven't Alexander, Gilbert and Mesa announced anything. They all have fans that would like to know. I am a fan of all of them and look forward to watching them again this year. Maybe they should take some social media lessons.:crackup:

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

When this changes from pending to complete, you'll get several twins cup team announcements.
    Screenshot_20210113-164030_Drive.jpg

Red Fox Racing likes this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

He's another guy that I would like to see what he could do if he could focus solely on riding.

Anyone know if he's interested in riding for a team or if he prefers to stay as an independent?

turbulence likes this.
  20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Stay independent. Unless a team steps up and offers a paid ride.(which we know those are slim) I think he's truly enjoying racing with his family by his side and just enjoying life.