1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What the crap? Stupid Mondays.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

So how do you feel about the Lions then? Our level of fan despair can not be topped. 60+ years of suck for us

Not sure if serious but by having games on from 1pm until 11pm may keep fans engaged longer. The added the 1pm Sat game so that could help lead ins and they added an 8pm Sun game so thats a prime time spot

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I root for them as well...in the rare chance I see them on TV. :crackup:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who do I dislike more right now? Browns or the Bills? Hmmmmm, who am I going to root for to win it all? :D

Oh wait, I HATE the Ravens. They are Dave K's lock to win it all! I'm putting $20 on them to win this weekend. :crackup:

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well thanks for your support.

I’m a believer of the law of averages and at their rate, once they get things turned around we can expect 10-20 Superbowls to average out the past 60 years. So I’m looking forward to it

lopitt85 and Banditracer like this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Did I hear that the Lions have won one playoff game in 57 years? I'd love to see them turn it around.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Browns will beat the Bills in the AFC Championship then beat Brady and the Bucs to win it all.

Make my words.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Can't make those words make any sense....

masshole and G Dawg like this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

rice r0cket, masshole and Banditracer like this.
  11. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Put the pipe away.
    The Browns are going home after they play the Chiefs on Sunday

12. StaccatoFan

But you know what?

IF Ritchie's prediction ends up become reality........he makes Jimmy the Greek look like an amateur.

I'm pretty sure the Browns feel this season is a historic success at this point. Anything else is just icing on the cake.
    They put Big Ben and the rest of the black and piss yellow to bed early this year, and probably patted Ben on the ass on his way to
    retirement.

Below is NOT a fun busting of @Dave K's chops..it's a objective observation of what went wrong for them.

This is all on Steeler's back office. Ben should have been Flacco'd at least 5 years ago. A realistic look at Ben's inabilty to get past the Patriots was
    either not done, or ignored due to blind loyalty. The Ravens knew when to cut ties with Joe....they may have held on a year too long, but they made that tough call.
    The Packers drafted Rogers while Farve was still an All-Pro....he developed and now they have Jordan Love waiting his turn even though Aaron's the best in the game.
    I hated to see Marshall Yanda retire last year, but I think he made the right call.

The offensive line has been stagnant for at least six years. Three of their starters represent nearly 30 years of experience.
    Orlando Brown, Jr. was available til the 3rd round to inject some youth and age balance into their line. Which leads to....
    The worst running game in the league. Their previous successes, they had some guys named Harris, Bleier, and Bettis hauling the rock.
    Letting Bell go to the Jets and not drafting solidly at running back to compliment Conner caught up to them. (JK Dobbins was available plus a host of others this past year
    as an example).

The MIGHTY Cam Heyward got BLANKED by a 3rd string Guard that met his team a couple hours before the game basically.

The draft strategy of loading up on linebackers and receivers, and ignoring the rest of the team caught up to them.

The good GMs in the NFL keep a balance of youth and experience on their rosters. I'd take a serious look at Kevin Colbert's decisions.

13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You seem more passionate about hating the Steelers than actually liking whatever team you like.

SuddenBraking, thrak410 and Razr like this.
  14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Also this is on Mike Tomlin, he continually displays his lack of leadership and inability to control the narrative in the locker room or on the field, his super bowl win is a fluke as far as I'm concerned.

Banditracer and masshole like this.
  15. StaccatoFan

I'm a Ravens season ticket holder. Mostly I just like the back and forth with @Dave K cause for me, it's all in good fun.
    I've had my fun...it's over.

It was just my objective assessment of what I saw in Sunday night's game. There was NO way I expected the collapse that happened,
    but it was almost shocking to watch how many flaws and weaknesses there were exposed in that game. I knew it was bad when they
    barely beat the Ravens in the second regular season game with half the Ravens starting roster out with C19, but not THAT bad.
    I was just watching the players on the field, and any youth on the Steeler's side was linebackers and receivers. The rest of the roster looked
    like it was ready for assisted living. I put that all on the GM....they are usually the final say on Draft Day and personnel decisions.

Not to mention having a mixture of youth and experience on a roster makes managing the salary cap maybe a little easier.
    They're like $75 million over the cap for next year by estimates, and Ben is $46 million of that overage.

That's ALL on the GM.

Hell, Cincy cut Dalton..and Cincy never cuts anyone.

I won't disagree that their coach deserves a significant portion of the blame as well for the lack of locker room/field discipline as well. You're spot on there.

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It's hard for "storied" franchises to breakdown and rebuild. That type of fan base won't put up with the string of poor records it takes to build back up, so I don't see the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson 1989 scenario ever happening again. They're also afraid of the Tom Brady to Tampa Bay scenario. What if we send him on and we falter while he raises them up? The biggest problem all the teams have is that they overpay one (maybe 2) guys, draining the money they need to keep/acquire the other 20 guys they need to get the good out of the "stars".

17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm not on the fore Tomlin boat. Look around the league at the musical chairs from horrible coaches. He'd be unemployed for all of 5 mins if the Steelers think the coach is the problem.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Browns did kick the crap outa the Steelers without even practicing.

19. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

Yes, the browns players were in the position they should have been, but they didn't move the ball down the field on a regular basis. The Steelers, or should I say Big Ben, gave the game away. His 3 first half interceptions, plus the crazy snap fumble on the first play all led to major points. Take only those four plays away and the score would be completely different.

Something happened somewhere around Thanksgiving that changed the Steelers season. They were not the same team after that point. Regular season records are irrelevant, example the 14-2 Ravens from last year. The Steelers have some work to do on their roster, no question. If Ben comes back, he will need to lose about 30 lbs. So he can be a little more mobile. And they need to reign in all the antics by these social media children. Juju is not the only one!

Razr likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am not sure Ben is as pudgy as he looks. I think he is wearing a ton of armor under that uniform and a good part of the mobility issue isn't weight, it is his knees. Although dropping a bit of weight might help the knees too.