1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: Dog Owners/Luvers .....must read

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Never heard of Propac or Sportsmix. My Weim ate Purina and Iams and I never had an issue.

3. SpeedyE

That is just current list/alert....

Get on alert/email list.... alerts you every time a dog food batch is recalled due to dog-deaths. I seen a a batch of almost every brand, at one time or another.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

My old girl is on Blue Buffalo and ever since I switched her to it she’s been a different dog. Highly recommended

SpeedyE and Funkm05 like this.
  5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

We always did Blue Wilderness Chicken recipe for our golden. He loved it and his weight was always spot on. Picking up a new pup in a month, and will likely run with it again.

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. SpeedyE

this email list not for food recomndation/info ....it just alerts you everytime a dog food is being recalled for kill a/some dogs (poisoned, salmenella, etc).
    It just lets you know if you have a bad batch that is currently being pulled from shelves.
    The food recalls are food and treats, lots of treats get recalled, even various made-in-usa various mfg'rs treats get recalled a Lot due to salmenella/etc dog deaths.

Good peice of mind.

Funkm05 likes this.
  7. SpeedyE

my dog eat Merrick, 1/2 senior + 1/2 chicken/sweet-potatoe, that I mix up.

Treats are greenies and milkbone trail mix. i give her hardboiled egg w/ shell sometime. she bury that, dig it up weeks later...goofy dog.

If i get alert on any of those, she will be getting something else, lol

8. Hyperdyne

it’s very good info so thank you for providing the link. I’m considering getting another Weim soon so this will be helpful.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

:) !!!! <3

10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

There have been so many recalls over the years with doggy deaths and serious illnesses. I stopped feeding that processed garbage and started home cooking for my mutt. Simple, clean ingredients. And as long as I can get the meat for under $2.00 per pound, it's about the same cost as most mid-grade kibble brands.

Current recipe:

Chicken breast in a crock pot for 4 hours. It becomes shredded chicken.
    Low sodium bone broth.
    Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and squash.
    Lentils.
    Oatmeal.
    A very small amount of brown rice.
    Water.

That's it. I cook up a pot every 8 days, keep 3 days in the fridge and rotate the rest out of the freezer. I rotate in some other ingredients for variety, but in small amounts so I don't upset his digestion.

Treats are home made dehydrated chicken breast and vegetables.

All of this takes less than 45 minutes of time per week. Take control of your pup's health and get rid of the store bought shit.

Shenanigans and SpeedyE like this.
  11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Friend got one this summer after telling them about hound life...
    2C104709-E147-4CF1-9D17-0F1429398842.jpeg
    7 months old
    3C66146C-E3F7-42BB-9391-03F61A8E2AF9.jpeg

Just thought Id poke the bear for you....:D

:beer:

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Hyperdyne

That is a beautiful pup!! I miss my big guy everyday!

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Few things better in life than having them be a part of it....

Of course, anything that can pull this off and have you laugh hysterically at the images of being caught in the crime....:D

3ECA4F6D-4BD5-4F64-90CF-077D06848A81.jpeg E40EB38A-166F-4CBE-9926-A22ABC5EF6C6.jpeg 2C0EE4E2-EE5D-4E62-ACD8-DC6601D67D72.jpeg

Wheel Bearing, TurboBlew and SpeedyE like this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Alright going somewhat along with the theme of the thread.....outside of cooking my own food for the pup, what would you guys recommend as a good quality adult dog food for a 2 year old Boxer? Our boy will be 2 years old in February and I'm looking to transition him off of the Eukanuba Large breed puppy food he has been on. He had some stomach sensitivity to a few other brands when he was younger but, has been on this since he was a few months old with basically no issues other then gas that will run you out of a room :crackup:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

LOL...our middle sized mutt earned the name "porkchop" for absconding with the meat course of one of our cook-out dinners a few years ago.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. SpeedyE

BEST THING TO SEE IN THE MORNING W MY COFFEE...... I SMILE BIG!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!

BEAUTIFUL DOGO <3 !!!!!!!!!

18. SpeedyE

LOL....Haha
    Porkchop....I love it :)

My swedish mom cooked 6 GIANT Sam's Club Steroid chicken breasts, she usually boil, these were baked w/ seasonings/etc....a Big deal in our house.
    Fresh out of oven, whole house smelled like AWESOME chicken....me/she dont cook(she so old)....so this was something special.
    Me/Mom went into garage to smoke a cig's while they cool down a hair.
    Came back in a few minutes later, all 6 gone..... LOL.

19. Hyperdyne

Cash swiped an entire ribeye in a counter surfing treasure hunt. Was kinda hard to discipline him because the evidence was gone in less than 15 seconds and he made no sound whatsoever. It was a mission impossible for a pooch LOL

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Hyperdyne

The puppy foods have lots of crude protein in it. Cash was sensitive to beef preteens so if his stomach acted up I bought him Iams lamb and rice. Give it a shot

SpeedyE likes this.