1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The way everything bends and moves has always amazed me.....I've worked Structural Test F22, and toured the Boeing Structural test area, truly impressive stuff! Those airliner wings bend ALOT!

I dont remember my first flight, but my most memorable was being shot off the deck of CV-43, twice. It was in a COD, but still cool. We were seated facing backwards. The second time was one of the last cat-shots for the old girl, we were returning from her last Med Cruise in 1988....she was mothballed and scrapped soon after.

Gino230, motion and OGs750 like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm sure that's helping. :crackup:

3. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

FLEX. The term bend makes one think it wont come back. It is just flexing 8 ft. Totally normal.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct on the terminology.....I believe the totally correct term would be "Deflection", no?

Bend is a bad way to say it!

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Fuck that.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My first flight was at about 2.5 or 3 in the Goodyear Blimp. They were giving rides in Miami for some reason and Dad wanted to go. Don't remember all that much except that it was LOUD.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Serious question: are you familiar with the dynamics of flying? Ever spent time reading up on how an airplane flies? I think it could go a long way towards making you feel more comfortable in the passenger cabin. How much time before your trip?

8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That and DO NOT watch "MayDay":confused:

9. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

They always taught us the only correct answer is MONEY!

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

IIRC, flying on Thursday...

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That should be sufficient to grasp all the intricacies.

Birds fly, men drink.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And airspeed. Dont forget airspeed.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh, I meant to say earlier, if you have noise canceling headphones, bring them. Makes a world of difference.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amen.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And awoman.

badmoon692008 and crashman like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ban him.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once I have the headphones on I don't give a shit who is talking :crackup:

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, technically, shouldn't that be awomen? Hahaha, regardless, if he doesn't have noise canceling headphones yet and can afford that splurge, highly recommend it. It gets rid of all that white noise that gives you a low grade headache and makes you irritable and vaguely tired after a flight. Even if you're not going to watch a movie or whatever, just makes for a more peaceful environment while you're reading a book, magazine, etc. We even use them in our home, when we want to be near one another but one person is watching TV and the other person has fallen into some YT rabbit hole...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's even better if you turn the tunes up and wear them the entire time you're traveling other then when you have to talk to someone else. Some of my best trips are the solo ones with headphones on or earbuds in the entire time :D (can't do that with the boss, there are limits to my assholeness)

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It should, but I'm respecting the author's style. :D

Yzasserina likes this.