1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011+ GSXR 750 ECU flashing recommendations

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gapman789, Jan 4, 2021.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So i've NEVER been one to dyno tune, to have a fuel management system, etc....I actually just removed a Bazazz zi/fi, tc, etc off of a 750 and a PC5 off another 750.

The new to me bike im building has a Hindle full system and KN filter. I've done the 02 delete, servo delete.
    I only want to add a quickshifter.

Thoughts on Danosperformance? He can flash my ECU to accommodate the Hindle and send me a stand-alone QS unit for $320.

I'm all about simplicity....Don't care about getting 200 more rpms, fan kicking on at 195, etc....

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’ve used Dano before and was very pleased. He did a mail in flash for my exhaust/filter then I had that bike tuned two years later and the tuner was impressed with how close the flash got the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Trandyd

Trandyd Well-Known Member

Dano's worked great for me. And everyone else is charging more than double dano's.

Newyork likes this.
  4. gapman789

Right on..... I have it boxed up and going out tomorrow.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

A generic flash is OK......but truly, a custom map on a dyno can't be beat. It's worth the $300 and ~2 hours of time it takes.

6. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Why not take it to Jason Karns at
    Karns Performance.

He is the area’s top Suzuki tuner and right up the road from you.

7. gapman789

8 hrs .

8. gapman789

It’s all about convenience at this stage of the game. The bike has a full hindle system so just need to accommodate that.

Hell I was tempted to just run the stock exhaust in the name of convenience

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Convenience is convenient indeed :D

My 600 had a full system, v-stacks and filter. The custom map was a noticeable improvement across the range over a generic map. In fact I was quite surprised how much on the top end was gained over the generic map it was previously running.

10. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I had GREAT luck with Chad @ Commonwealth Cycles in KY. He did my 2013 and I LOVED how smooth and responsive it was.

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

You move out of York, ?

12. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

[​IMG]

Blue line is just Danos flash.
    Red is dyno tuned through Bazzaz.

gapman789 likes this.
  13. gapman789

Ive been in southeast Indians/southwest ohio for 51 yrs. :)

14. Trandyd

Trandyd Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome for $80. Ive thought about having my afr checked. But the plugs look good and runs great.

15. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Yea man we were impressed. I told Dano he did a great job! The bike ran great before but definitely a little better after..smoother.
    Probably could have saved the money but Bauce is pretty good with pricing on the dyno tunes. If the bike needs nothing just a tune $150. He said 90% of bikes need something so it’s always more lol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  16. TT2013

TT2013 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a ECU flash tuner with a Dyno located near Sacramento, CA? I don't mind driving an hour away. I have a 2013 Suzuki GSX-R750. Thank you.

17. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Freddie at Superbike Unlimited

Newyork likes this.