1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Damn, where do you live? They have some fucked up requirements for buying a gun. :eek:

Pepsi Drinker and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  2. If you are looking for a small gun that is easy to carry, look into the Springfield Hellcat, Sig P365, or Glock 43X.

None of those will have a safety. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think I have a striker fired gun that has a safety.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Colt 380 Auto in a pocket holster. External safety.
    Hope you like hard to find guns.
    Available in aluminum, polymer and steel frames.
    image.png

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've been looking and there are only a few that have thumb safetys. Shield 9mm ez, sig m17 and a couple more

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I have a hellcat. Just didn't want to carry it, only because I know it's gonna eventually get scratched and beat up some, scooting across gravel or what ever else.

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

They do make the 365 with a thumb safety, it is hard to find but it is out there. It’s not some urban legend, I picked one up for my dad a few weeks ago. I like it so much I picked one up (without a safety) for me.

I you want to pocket carry look at the Vedder Pocket Locker. I don’t like it with jeans but with shorts it’s perfect. The issue with the jeans is probably my build and choice of cut. I have trouble getting my hand in my pocket and drawing as fast or consistent as I can from an IWB holster. I don’t wear skinny jeans but I damn sure don’t look like MC Hammer, with shorts it becomes a viable option.

noles19 likes this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

when I first started shooting most guns were blued and you had to clean and oil anywhere you’re oily , acid latent hands touched and pull them from the safe every so often to re oil. Those times have changed dramatically. Hellcat,p365 , g26 and most carry guns are mostly polymer and hard nitride or some coating that can take a beating and work like a champ. I get it that some guns you want to keep pretty. But carry guns shouldn’t fall into that category. If nothing else holster and carry wear will be obvious. But I look at my carry and competition guns as tools. They are going to get use marks. Those marks are part of their street cred.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

The regular Shield has an optional safety also.

noles19 likes this.
  9. GixxerJohn011

322BA38C-00CA-4AF6-B9FC-B4ED7A2C4F57.jpeg So my last Christmas present, uhm...I mean my son’s last Christmas present, is here and it needs some sights. What do you guys like for red dots? I don’t want the bottom of the barrel but this is just going to be a range toy not some competition rig.

britx303 likes this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I've had good luck with Midway

noles19 likes this.
  11. redtailracing

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Eotech and Aimpoint but you're also talking 2 of the most expensive red dots out there. I've heard great things about Holosun until just recently but never used them myself. Seems I've seen a couple people lately say they've had warranty issues but it wasn't anyone I knew personally so take that with a grain of salt. The Holosun's are a little cheaper. Never used a Vortex red dot but have used their scopes and would trust anything they make. I know plenty of people like Sig but I'm in the minority of people that will just never own another Sig product. Personally have never used their red dots though.

What gun is that anyway?

12. GixxerJohn011

Pistol version of the M&P 15-22. I’ve been trying to find the rifle version but the ones I’ve seen are ridiculously priced. I guess a lot of people that can’t find 223 are looking at it as cheap AR-15 practice.

Somebody else mentioned Holosun, any thoughts on Truglo? Academy had a few versions in stock and the price is right, thinking about picking one up just so we can go shoot it. The range we go to won’t let you shoot without sights, apparently a lot of new AR owners have been coming in and tearing things up :crackup:

13. redtailracing

Never used Truglo nor have I heard anything about them. About the only thing I know of that company is their night sights seem to be a decent cheaper alternative to some of the higher tier night sights. But didn't even know they made red dots to be honest.

14. redtailracing

Your post actually reminded me to go setup a couple new alerts at Midway and found they have Hornady 5.56 Superformance 77gr match and IMI 5.56 77gr match in stock. Just picked up 600 rounds (100 Hornady @ $1.60/round and 500 IMI @ $1.20/round).

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

We’re seeing an insane amount of hogs. My cousin sent me a video and i tried to capture all the tiny ones . There were a bunch of big ones too. Needless to say I got my day time AR dialed in today .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jedb likes this.
  16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

A friend went to Texas and killed a ton with a 223. I’ve built up a 6.5 for night hog/dog but I’m also doing a 233 as a lighter option when I’m in fog only country. Plenty of dogs in MD but no hogs thank god.

17. Steak Travis

yeah I’d prefer to use my 6.8 but ive got the thermal on that. I’ve gotten plenty with the 223 in the past. It was nice having no recoil

18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT look at all those piglets!! That's def. a 15-20lb exploding target feed pile kill there.

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What part of Tenn are u in
    Are the hogs becoming a big problem or just a welcome distraction
    They multiply so fast once they show the problem is usually not so far behind

20. Steak Travis

These are down in Alabama in between auburn and Montgomery. Hogs aren't too big up here I don't believe. I'm headed down Friday to see if I can put a dent in them.